NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a SAS and Teradata Bteq Developer to join our team in Halifax, Nova Scotia (CA-NS), Canada (CA).
Join an enterprise data warehouse team environment with a focus on customer-centricity, quality, forever learning and teamwork. If you enjoy all of these values and can work completely remotely, this could be a position for you.
All of the below skill areas are required.
- 5-7 years of SAS experience developing, configuring, and administering SAS solutions.
- Should have sound Working knowledge with BASE & Advanced SAS using SAS 9.4, SAS MACROS and Stored Procedures.
- Strong SAS analytics and programming skills.
- Experience with developing, analyzing and manipulating large SAS datasets.
- Be proficient in Base SAS programming (DATA step), SQL programming (i.e., use of SQL pass-through or PROC SQL), as well as the SAS Macro language for use in making code more efficient and format libraries.
- Knowledge of SAS best practices to write optimized and efficient codes to minimize runtime.
- Should have sound working knowledge with TERADATA SQL/utilities.
- Must have strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
SAS DI Consultant
- 5-7 years of experience as a SAS DI developer
- SAS Programming expertise on Base SAS, Macro, SAS EG and SAS DI.
- Proven expertise in data integration and ETL tools like SAS DI Studio etc.
- Should have expertise in the application of various transformations in SAS DI Studio.
- SAS DI Studio- Job Creation, Job Scheduling/debugging etc.
- Awareness of dimensional modelling, Star Schemas, Data Marts.
- Sourcing data from various systems and in multiple formats using SAS Code, SQL, ETLs.
- Strong experience in Data Validation, Data Quality and Error handling.
- Experience in Type I, Type II handling in ETL.
- Should have experience in Data Handling through various Databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata etc.
- Ability to translate business rules into programming logic.
- Experience over SAS BI platform and UNIX Operating System will be added advantage.
- Should have working experience on Teradata and Teradata is the primary skill with utilities mentioned.
- Experience working on Teradata Utilities such as MLOAD, FLOAD etc.
- Should have good experience in writing Teradata BTEQ Scripts
- Expertise in writing complex SQL queries using multiple joins, aggregated functions, arithmetic functions.
- Performance tuning including collecting statistics, analyzing explains
- Experience in Optimizing Teradata SQL
- Experience in creating scripts using UNIX shell scripting to execute Teradata utilities.
- Good analytical and resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
About NTT Data Canada
NTT Data Canada drives outcomes that keep their clients a step ahead in the digitally dynamic world. Their team of more than 50,000 professionals worldwide works with clients to address the challenges of today and tomorrow – whether it’s helping jump-start a cloud migration, reinvent the customer experience, streamline business processes or upgrade ageing infrastructure. As a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global IT services provider with 120,000+ employees in more than 50 countries, they excel in blending IT and business expertise with decades of industry know-how. NTT Data Canada offers one of the industry’s most comprehensive services portfolios, designed to modernize business and technology to deliver the outcomes that matter most to their clients.