NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Software Development Senior Specialist to join our team in Halifax, Nova Scotia (CA-NS), Canada (CA).
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Develop application code, write unit tests and integration tests using Junit/Spock/Jasmine/Karma.
- Work closely with business stakeholders, UX Design teams and downstream systems.
- Build cloud-native applications using container technologies like Docker and deploy in OpenShift/AWS EKS
- Support the production release, monitoring and triaging issues on time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar.
- 7 + years of work experience in frontend and backend frameworks.
- Good understanding of creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in Angular or React.
- Writing extensive unit tests using automated TDD task. Creating E2E test suites for all components, and running them with Protractor (or a well-reasoned alternative).
- Good understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system.
- Knowledge of Java EE technologies, Spring framework (i.e. Core, Security, MVC).
- Experience with build automation using Ant or Maven or Gradle.
- Experience with Open Source integration frameworks such as Spring integration, GraphQL, Kong, Apache Camel or Mule ESB.
- Preferred experience with Cloud and container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, AWS, EKS
- Preferred experience with Spring WebFlux, RxJS or any such reactive framework
- Preferred experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Gitlab CI or ElectricFlow.
- Database experience – Oracle SQL/PLSQL, MongoDB, SQL Server, RDS, DynamoDB is a plus
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc. and preferably SAFe.
- Preferable to have Unix shell scripting knowledge.
- Working experience of the iterative and incremental development process.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills is key.
About NTT Data Canada
NTT Data Canada drives outcomes that keep their clients a step ahead in the digitally dynamic world. Their team of more than 50,000 professionals worldwide works with clients to address the challenges of today and tomorrow – whether it’s helping jump-start a cloud migration, reinvent the customer experience, streamline business processes or upgrade ageing infrastructure. As a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global IT services provider with 120,000+ employees in more than 50 countries, they excel in blending IT and business expertise with decades of industry know-how. NTT Data Canada offers one of the industry’s most comprehensive services portfolios, designed to modernize business and technology to deliver the outcomes that matter most to their clients.