- Work with business users to define and analyze problems and align the most appropriate technical, application or configuration solutions.
- Provide oversight of business requirement/specification maintenance via workflow system in accordance with customer deliverables.
- Solicit, develop, document, and manage requirements and provide detailed design and business rules to support the requirements throughout the project life cycle up to and through change control.
- Ensure that documentation is updated when change requests are approved for the project.
- Consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment. Review system test plans and system test modules before implementation.
- Work with the user to select or create appropriate scenarios to test all results to determine whether system changes met project specifications; use scenarios to assist the end-user in acceptance testing. Conduct business process analyses need assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analyses to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
- 5+ Years’ experience as a Business Systems Analyst
- Advanced knowledge of system development methodology, project management, system architecture, and analytical/problem-solving skills, Agile experience a plus.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments, independently determine solutions, and anticipate/prevent potential problems.
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and extensive use of data query logic.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with medical claim business system software.
- US Health insurer industry experience, with business knowledge of benefits, claim systems, and adjudication principles.
- Solid knowledge of medical and/or benefit policies, provider contract and/or employer plan designs, professional and facility claim processing, and medical terminology, and industry-standard code sets (CPT-4, ICD-9-CM, ICD-10, etc.)
- Knowledge of enrollment or claims EDI transactions and file formats (834, 837, 835, 270, 271), familiarity, and experience with data mapping desired.
- SQL experience is a plus.
About NTT Data Canada
NTT Data Canada drives outcomes that keep their clients a step ahead in the digitally-dynamic world. Their team of more than 50,000 professionals worldwide works with clients to address the challenges of today and tomorrow – whether it’s helping jump-start a cloud migration, reinvent the customer experience, streamline business processes or upgrade aging infrastructure. As a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global IT services provider with 120,000+ employees in more than 50 countries, they excel in blending IT and business expertise with decades of industry know-how. NTT Data Canada offers one of the industry’s most comprehensive services portfolios, designed to modernize business and technology to deliver the outcomes that matter most to their clients.