Outshine’s Marketing Data Analysts create the infrastructure to accurately measure and report on our client’s digital advertising performance.
You’ll synthesize disparate data sources and ensure data integrity to help colleagues and clients draw actionable insights from the data, connect advertising performance to revenue, and reach their business goals.
As a Marketing Data Analyst, you will:
- Develop performance reporting for digital advertising, including defining the scope, scale and requirements of projects, setting up infrastructure to connect multiple data sources, and guide projects from inception to completion
- Maintain databases, systems, and data security and privacy obligations to ensure ensuring the data is clean, valid, correct, and usable
- Set up, audit, and refactor client dbt/Dataform projects
- Leverage various data warehouses, ETL tools and BI platforms for client projects (primarily BigQuery, Data Studio and Connected Google Sheets)
- Refactor SQL based on our best practices and style guide
- GCP administration
- Contribute to the culture of data-driven decisions at Outshine by:
- Communicating findings clearly to internal teams and clients
- Creating documentation and best practices
- Mentoring and training junior colleagues
- Staying on top of the latest research, tools, and techniques for tracking and measurement
To be the best fit for this role, you’ll have:
- 3+ years relevant experience in an analytics role at a marketing agency or SaaS company and a degree in Marketing Analytics, Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or a related field
- A comprehensive understanding of the role and impact data can have in the marketing ecosystem and on revenue
- Proficiency in writing analytical SQL, using the command line and git, building data pipelines, and maintaining databases
- A solid understanding of data warehouses and business intelligence tools
- Strong communications skills, particularly in explaining technical topics to others
- A passion for building the best version of any project and the motivation to work autonomously, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Good knowledge of security best practices and regulations including SOC 2, GDPR, and CCPA
- Experience in, or knowledge of, any of the following would be considered an asset:
- Digital advertising knowledge including working with platforms like Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and LinkedIn Ads Manager
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Marketo, HubSpot
- Scripting with Python, Bash, etc.
- Experience in BigQuery, Snowflake
About Outshine Online Marketing Inc.
Outshine drives revenue for high-growth B2B companies by connecting digital advertising, analytics, CRM and marketing automation data—creating a single point of truth that brings marketing and sales teams together. Outshine is a team of growth-oriented advertising and analytics experts. When you engage with us, you engage a culture of doers; a tightly knit, experienced team who thinks deeply about solving problems in modern B2B enterprises.