PRAXES Medical Group is in search of an Intermediate Software Developer to work from our Halifax, Nova Scotia office. The ideal candidate has successfully completed a post-secondary program in Computer Science or similar, has strong attention to detail, can work independently, is self-motivated to complete projects, and has an interest in healthcare applications. The successful applicant will be exposed to the complexity and opportunities of running a global 24/7 health services business in the rapidly expanding telemedicine industry.
Who Are We
PRAXES Medical Group, headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is an innovative healthcare provider that believes everyone should have timely access to excellent medical advice and care, wherever they are, and whenever they need it. After 20 years of serving remote and industrial clients, PRAXES is expanding into new markets, both in Canada and with partners globally. PRAXES is a woman-led company that encourages diversity with a culture of collaboration and mentorship.
- Be Agile – creative, evolving, adapting, curious, flexible, innovative, challenging status quo
- Be Effective – accessible, patient-focused, value-driven where Value = outcome/cost
- Act with Integrity – Compassion, empathy, sensitivity, authenticity, trust
The Intermediate Software Developer will have the opportunity to support various teams within the organization and be included in areas such as technical needs analysis, roadmap planning, programming, testing, website design, and management.
- Mocking up new concepts and processes
- Writing code and tests for specific assigned tasks in a separate branch in the repository (to be reviewed and merged into the main branch before deployment)
- Performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for any new code development work completed that will affect clients or end-users
- Participating in weekly development meetings.
- Updating internal documentation and help sections.
- Facilitating technical troubleshooting
Education: Computer Science Degree, IT programming or equivalent
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Understanding of data design and formats (data definitions, object-oriented design, SQL, JSON)
- Understanding of Responsive Web Development
- Source Control Systems (git)
- Reports to Director of Technology
Competitive salary in the range of $65,000 plus a benefits package including flexible work hours and locations, health and dental benefits, retirement savings plan, and generous vacation allowances.
One of the first telemedicine providers in Canada, PRAXES built a network of expert physicians to provide remote medical advice to clients in challenging locations around the world. For over 20 years, we’ve witnessed the power of how timely, virtual access to a physician can significantly improve a patient’s outcome, manage stress and reduce the risk and costs associated with medical events. We bring experienced medical care to places the traditional health care system can’t or won’t go – beyond cell range, off the end of the wharf and to the highest peaks. No matter where you are, or when you need it, we believe everyone should have access to affordable, timely and experienced medical advice. So we build the bridge between the traditional health care system and wherever you are - at work, at play and even at home.
PRAXES recognizes access to timely medical care – especially physician resources – is a challenge many businesses, governments and individuals are facing today. We can help. By improving access to our virtual team of nurses and physicians, and working alongside health providers such as nurses, medics, and assistants, we can provide sustainable and valuable services for the health of our community.