About The Job
At Proposify, we value and celebrate the diversity of our team and welcome applications from racially visible persons, Indigenous peoples, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, and persons of the LGBTQ+ community.
Proposify is looking for a Director of Finance to oversee our financial planning and accounting operations. Reporting to the COO, you will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the company as well as possible risks. As a Director of Finance you will be a strong leader with a broad knowledge of all accounting, financial and business principles. You are a strategic thinker who can make the most profitable decisions with the goal to guide the company towards profitability and long-term success.
Proposify is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia; but this is a remote position and we are welcoming applications across Canada.
What You’ll Love Doing
- Financial modelling and analysis
- Maintain and update forecasting and budgeting models
- Drive the financial planning of the company by analyzing its performance and anticipate and assess risks
- Retain constant awareness of the company’s financial position and act to prevent problems
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance monthly/quarterly
- Oversee the payroll, accounting function, month end close process and annual audit
- Manage treasury functions, including banking arrangements, cash management, assessing and managing foreign exchange risks and government grant programs.
- Work in conjunction with HR/Operations to update and implement all finance related policies and procedures and recommend improvements to the internal control systems in place
- Create and implement the annual business plan and budgets, working closely with the entire leadership team and identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement in the organization with assistance and recommendations from the leadership team to ensure continual growth and success of the company.
What We Will Love About You
- Proven experience as Director of Finance or Controller
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal abilities
- CPA or other relevant professional designation
- You bring great energy and enthusiasm, looking for solutions rather than dwelling on problems.
What You’ll Love About Us
Proposify is a young, fast-growing, dynamic SaaS company with a positive work culture and a fantastically talented team. The combination means our people are driven to do exceptional work and are proud to contribute to Proposify’s success. Our vision is to make every deal a closed deal. Proposify is focused on being the best in class, the best in SaaS, and the best closing solution for sales teams around the world.
- Excellent company paid health benefits from the day you start
- RRSP matching program from the day you start with no wait period.
- 3 weeks of vacation to start; paid sick leave; personal days; company wide end of year break.
- Brightpass (free online fitness and wellness courses).
- Monthly team building events during work hours.
- Flexible working hours.
- Remote workforce
A simpler way to deliver winning proposals to your clients. Proposify streamlines your sales process and helps you close deals faster