At Proposify, we value and celebrate the diversity of our team and welcome applications from racially visible persons, Indigenous peoples, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, and persons of the LGBTQ+ community.
Senior Software Engineer
We are searching for an expert programmer who will work with our diverse engineering team to develop and maintain Proposify’s software systems as a Senior Software Engineer. At Proposify, a Senior Software Engineer works collaboratively with their team and makes significant impacts to the design, quality, and timeline of the entire product. Our Senior Software Engineers are technical leaders, capable of providing guidance and acting as subject matter experts in a variety of technical areas, being equally capable of knowing the technical “how”, and clearly explaining the technical “why”.
If you are a high-performer, curious, and coachable, come make Proposify a place to learn, grow and accelerate your career.
What you’ll do and love doing:
- Perform expert programming tasks;
- Develop features, while envisioning creative solutions for evolving system design and architecture;
- Help shape coding methodologies and best practices;
- Participate in code reviews and can sign-off on large features;
- Participate in and support initiatives outside of the main area of responsibility;
- Deliver feedback in a constructive manner;
- Participate in scrum meetings and sprint planning;
- Work closely with the QA team, the Product team and all other stakeholders to ensure quality and punctual software development;
- Communicate with co-workers in a professional and friendly manner;
- Collaborate with various internal departments, including Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and Product to ensure system supports internal needs relating to functionality and performance;
- Participate in peer reviews, meet with other engineers in the team to discuss problems of, and possible solutions to, a task;
- Given a large, poorly understood problem, can explore the solution space to determine the correct course of action;
- Understand the limits of available tools, and recognize when a problem requires the development of a new tool;
- Provide in-depth problem analysis of application infrastructure;
- Guide more junior engineers towards correct solutions while encouraging collaboration;
- Provide technical leadership for small projects;
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Experience with AWS infrastructure.
- Formal engineer training; Bachelor’s degree/college diploma or relevant experience.
- Mastery of development best practices, and the tools needed to diagnose, debug, and resolve issues in any environment.
- Proven experience with architecture and design for complex systems, and the ability to explain design considerations and trade-offs to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Has a passion for continued learning and career growth.
What you’ll love about us:
Proposify is a young, fast-growing, dynamic SaaS company with the positive work culture and a fantastically talented team. The combination means our people are driven to do exceptional work and are proud to contribute to Proposify’s success.
Our mission is to empower sales managers and salespeople to streamline their sales process, get back the time they spend managing proposals, and close more deals. Proposify is focused on being the best in class, the best in SaaS, and the best solution for businesses around the world.
Most importantly, we love to work hard, and we love to have fun. We’re in it to win it.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our team and welcome applications from racially visible persons, Indigenous peoples, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, and persons of the LGBTQ+ community.
A simpler way to deliver winning proposals to your clients. Proposify streamlines your sales process and helps you close deals faster