About the Opportunity
Protocase is currently seeking reliable and detailed CNC Profile Programmers to join our fast-paced CNC
Machining department in Sydney (Cape Breton), Nova Scotia. Our customers – engineers, designers
and scientists – depend on Protocase to quickly and accurately CNC machine custom enclosures, panels
As a programmer for our team of CNC Mill and Lathe Operators, you will be instrumental in giving the
CNC Machining team the ability to efficiently machine our customers’ designs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing design blueprints in order to create instructions for machine operators
- Translating instructions into ESPRIT, a computer automated manufacturing (CAM) program
- Modifying previously written programs in order to achieve increased efficiencies
- Analyzing and selecting speeds and cutting tools for programs
- Checking completed programs by running simulations
- Compiling with all safety rules and regulations
Above all else, we are looking for candidates who are experienced in CNC Programming and who are
keenly committed to following procedures and processes.
- Experience working as a CNC Programmer
- Experience using CAM software (specific experience in ESPRIT would be considered a major asset)
- Diploma or degree in CNC machining would be considered an asset
- Ability to read design blueprints
- Excellent reading comprehension skills
- Passion and knowledge for metal shop work, specifically CNC mills and lathes
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Keen attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with little or no supervision
- Sense of urgency
- Effective interpersonal skills and a team-player attitude
About the Benefits
With this position comes the potential to earn an annual salary ranging from $38,000 to $54,000.
Additionally, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and Group Insurance Benefits after six months
- Two weeks’ vacation (three weeks’ vacation at three years of employment; four weeks’ vacation
at five years)
- Cost-shared Company Pension Plan after six months
- Cost-shared YMCA Fitness Membership after three months
- Regular social events such as lunches and team-building sessions, as well as seasonal parties
(when time permits).
Although our business is growing, our team remains supportive, inclusive and tight-knit. Continuous
improvement has always underpinned our success and we actively foster an environment of open
communication, creative collaboration and the sharing of ideas.
We manufacture custom sheet metal and CNC machined electronic enclosures, mounting hardware, and miscellaneous components. We start from your design, and build them in 2-3 days, with no minimum order requirements. Products are built from your choice of aluminum, copper, steel, stainless, or galvanized, and are fully finished, including fasteners, hardware, welding, powder coating, and silkscreen.