About the Opportunity
Protocase is currently seeking a Director of Quality to join its team in Sydney, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. The successful candidate will lead a team that looks after all aspects of quality across our organization.
Our quality management system, which is ISO 9001:2015 registered and AS9100D certified, is the foundation for our quality efforts. Thus a key part of the job is overseeing the operation and maintenance of this system. But maximizing quality requires that we optimize every aspect of how we work, and therefore quality reaches into every aspect of our operations. We are looking for candidates who understand this, and who are capable of formulating and executing pro-active strategy and tactics.
To thrive in this position, you must never lose sight of our goal: that customers get exactly what they expect. To be successful in this role, you must be able to have a big-picture view to spot trends without getting lost in the details. At the same time, you need to be able to dive down to ground level and get your hands dirty when necessary. You need to be able to see problems and opportunities and direct our resources where they have the biggest impact.
To state the obvious, people are the foundation of our organization, and our quality group is made up of people. The successful candidate must have excellent people skills and leadership abilities, and the ability to bring them together such that they achieve the most they can for the effort put in.
As Director of Quality, you will use your leadership and analytic skills, combined with your common sense to carry out core responsibilities which include:
- Provide leadership to the quality department, and interface with the rest of the senior management team
- Ensure every aspect of our operations run smoothly and in compliance with all of the requirements of the AS9100D and ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Operation and maintenance of our quality system
- Interpreting the data to develop a clear picture of what is happening in operations
- Guiding the resources of the organization to continuously improve our process capabilities and execution.
- Ensuring high-quality execution of proactive measures that impact quality, including station meetings and training, audits, and implementation of new and improved processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (Engineering, Business or a related field)
- Five or more years of experience working with quality systems in an industrial environment
- Solid understanding of AS9100D and/or ISO9001:2015 quality standards
- Critical thinking and complex problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- A strong sense of urgency while working on multiple projects and deadlines
About the Benefits:
Besides a total compensation package that ranges between $89,000.00 and $108,000.00 you will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and Group Insurance Benefits at six months
- Two weeks’ vacation (three weeks’ vacation at three years of employment; four weeks’ vacation at five years)
- Company Pension Plan at six months
- Cost-shared YMCA membership for you and your family at three months
- Regular social events and team lunches (when time permits)
Although our business is growing, our team remains supportive, inclusive and tight-knit. Continuous improvement has always underpinned our success and we actively foster an environment of open communication, creative collaboration and the sharing of ideas.
How to Apply:
- Email your resume to email@example.com (please make sure to specify “Director of Quality” in your subject line)
- Drop off your resume at our main building – 46 Wabana Court in Sydney, NS, between 9:30 AM and 4:30 PM
We manufacture custom sheet metal and CNC machined electronic enclosures, mounting hardware, and miscellaneous components. We start from your design, and build them in 2-3 days, with no minimum order requirements. Products are built from your choice of aluminum, copper, steel, stainless, or galvanized, and are fully finished, including fasteners, hardware, welding, powder coating, and silkscreen.