The Quality Assurance Analyst (QA II) will report directly to the Development Team Lead and provide quality assurance for the company’s flagship software products. This position requires an enthusiastic, composed individual, who possesses excellent time management and written communication skills. The individual should also excel at building, informing, and maintaining peer relationships with team members and stakeholders alike.
The Quality Assurance Analysts’ responsibilities include:
- Preparing and writing test cases based on requirements.
- Performing manual testing.
- Writing, Implementing and Maintaining automated test scripts
- Convey unbiased advice/opinions clearly.
- Documenting and communicating findings.
- Verification of defects and fixes.
- Building excellent working relationships with Development and the rest of the Test, department to ensure the highest possible quality.
- Experience Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate, or equivalent QA certification (desirable)
- Knowledge of the software lifecycle specifically those areas relating to Test
- SQL database query experience
- Working experience with automated test development tools, including those provided by Microsoft (MTM; Coded UI Automated Testing)
- Experience of interfacing with online payment portals
- Experience of working in the fitness software testing sector (desirable)
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with API (microservices) testing
- Technical proficiency in key Quality Assurance processes and technologies
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as part of a team and building strong peer relationships
- Ability to learn, retain and follow test procedures.
- Ability to learn quickly unaided by documentation and advising peers
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Good problem-solving skills, and the ability to learn on the fly and inform others of solutions
- Analytical approach to tasks.
- Ability to create test scenarios outside of regimented test plans.
- Ability to remain focused and see lengthy tasks through to completion.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to detail and convey findings.
About Jonas Software Solutions Inc.
Jonas Software is a wholly owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc. (“CSU” on the Toronto Stock Exchange) . and employs over 2,500 team members working in 95+ software companies worldwide. We are serial acquirers of vertical market software providers with a widely publicized buy-and-hold-forever strategy. Our unique model enables each business leadership team to make operational, investment and cultural choices locally whilst befitting from the collective support and strength of the wider organization. Fiscal 2019 was a record-breaking year on the acquisition front, with 17 deals closed across North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand as we entered 6 new verticals.
To support the increasing demand for high caliber technical resources, we are in the process of launching a new operation in downtown Halifax – ‘Jonas Software Solutions’. Initially the new team will connect virtually like our group is across the globe before moving into our new Grade A office in a prime location on Barrington Street as the COVID-19 restrictions lift.
Jonas Software Solutions will be home to a diverse workforce of Developers, Quality Assurance (QA) Analysts, Designers, Database Administrators (DBAs), Product Owners and other key individuals with all levels of experience and be an integral part of Jonas business units across North America.