What is the opportunity?
RBC’s data is a critical enterprise asset that is as valuable as its financial and human assets. Data empowers RBC’s business decisions and insights and must be managed in a way that ensures its quality, timeliness, protection and availability. Data is subject to ongoing assessment, and preventative and detective controls address and mitigates risks for critical data that is used in key reports business and regulatory reports.
As an Analyst within Data Lineage & Control, you will be involved in working with cross-functional business and technology teams to discover and document the lineage of Critical Data Elements (CDEs) from presentation layers back to the starting points of their lifecycles.
Data Lineage includes:
- A business process which capture, edit or otherwise amend the data
- Systems that form part of the data flow
- Filters and transformations implemented in systems as part of the data flow
- Risks that may impact the data
- Controls to mitigate identified risks
What will you do?
- Document the lineage of critical data elements from its originating source to the point of consumption
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to gather data requirements
- Assist in identifying data control gaps while also providing remediation recommendations
- Identify areas of optimization within the data capture and documentation process
- Validate and maintain existing data lineage and documentation
What do you need to succeed?
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with good interpersonal skills in order to establish relationships across all levels of the enterprise
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a keen eye for details
- Understanding of retail and commercial banking policies, processes and procedures
- University degree or College Diploma or any equivalent combination of qualifications and/or experience
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience in data lineage capture or equivalent work with data flows
- Understanding of control frameworks and approaches such as SOX
- Familiarity with agile methodology and agility tools such as Jira
- Familiarity with data governance tools such as Collibra
What’s in it for you?
- We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper.
- We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Join our Talent Community
Stay in the know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
About RBC Financial Group
Royal Bank of Canada (RY on TSX and NYSE) and its subsidiaries operate under the master brand name RBC.
We are one of Canada's largest banks and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization.
We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis.
We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 35 other countries.