As an Analyst, you will be responsible for performing business analysis and independently managing deliverables on assigned projects related to data quality standards and controls to ensure the strategic goals and objectives of RBC’s Finance and Risk Data Management Office are accomplished.
This position will be part of our growing FRDMO team at RBC’s Global Shared Services Centre in Bedford, NS.
What will you do?
- Perform deep data analysis to identify trends and patterns in the data
- Design controls to detect data quality issues and make recommendations to improve data quality
- Work using Agile methodology to automate the controls using various tools/technologies
- Profile business, financial and reporting data through the use of cutting-edge data/analytic tools.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to understand business needs, and create user stories and business requirements.
What do you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate Degree with 2+ years of experience in a relevant industry/function
- Ability to understand business goals and transform them into requirements
- SQL skills (or other data analysis tools/packages) to extract data and perform various types of functions/operations to gain insight
- Excellent Communication: Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence/rules design concepts and toolsets
- Understanding of Data Quality concepts and processes
- Understanding of basic Banking/Finance terms and processes
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Agile and Waterfall methodologies, including application test planning and execution
- Understanding of data flows and processing
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
About RBC Financial Group
Royal Bank of Canada (RY on TSX and NYSE) and its subsidiaries operate under the master brand name RBC.
- We are one of Canada's largest banks and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization.
- We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis.
- We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 35 other countries.