RBC Capital Market Technology’s Data Content team is looking for a highly skilled analyst to join the team.
The analyst will be part of a team of Business Analysts and Data modellers with a focus on documenting data requirements, identifying data requirements gaps, supporting the datasets registration, ingestion and consumption processes, standardizing data within the Capital Market domain (includes but not limited to Trades/Orders/RFQ’s, Calculated Results such as Risk and Profit and loss reporting) and other structured & unstructured datasets used for analytics.
He/She will be required to engage with senior Data Architects, IT System Owners, Business Analysts, Data Stewards, Data Owners to drive the standardization effort across different Lines of Business (LOB’s) and functions (Front Office, Operations, Market Risk & Finance etc.)
What will you do?
- Lead meetings with senior stakeholders to gather and document data requirements
- Prepare mapping documents and business specifications
- Analyze requirements, identify gaps and propose sourcing and delivery strategy
- Support the dataset ingestion, classification, registration and/ or consumption processes, working closely with DCM (Data Content and Modeling) and Data Fabric teams.
- Participate in Intake forum for Data Fabric and DCM request
- Support data consumption strategy by creating queries/ views based on consumer requirements
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, engineering business analysts/data modellers/analyst experience
- Exposure to data analytics
- Cross Asset experience of Cash and Derivative Products (Rates, Credit, and Derivatives), Commodities, Equities etc.
- Good understanding of Trade Lifecycle (Pre, Post) and Front to Back functions (Operations, Product Control, Market Risk & Finance)
- Postgraduate certification
- Data modelling experience
- Fmpl, Fix, reactj, json, java
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
About RBC Financial Group
Royal Bank of Canada (RY on TSX and NYSE) and its subsidiaries operate under the master brand name RBC.
- We are one of Canada's largest banks and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization.
- We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis.
- We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 35 other countries.