The Project manager is responsible for leading large, cross-organization project teams towards targeted and scheduled outcomes that deliver on the program objectives. Integrates efforts, continuously assesses and refines approaches and plans, and has the overall accountability of ensuring effective and timely communications to the appropriate parties.
Engages routinely with the client’s executive leadership to communicate project objectives, strategy, tactics, and ongoing progress. Will provide leadership and facilitate the necessary stakeholder discussion that identifies the business change and drive the necessary consensus to adopt a manageable change strategy.
What will you do?
- Establish, document and implement program-wide standards and procedures
- Provide oversight of all deliverables and activities throughout the program lifecycle and advise project teams on best practices and techniques throughout the program lifecycle
- Translate client vision into high-level program scope and design. Facilitate joint planning with the client in the early stages of program formation
- Create transformational business and/or technology strategies and deliverables that will reshape the business processes to enhance or create significant growth opportunities
- Facilitate schedule and cost forecasting
- Execute designated program governance activities. Champion strong governance through the creation of a program decision framework; manage program scope using appropriate fact-based metrics/assumptions
- Monitor and resolve program risks, issues, assumptions, constraints and dependencies
- Identify and manage overall program costs, timeline and resources
- Manage financial impacts and forecasts
- Anticipate and quantify tactical, operational and strategic risks, applying a risk-based approach to forecasting
- Manages escalation and resolution of program issues and risks and impact of cross-project dependencies
- Participates in weekly program and project status reports review and gather and review critical issues list
- Promotes innovative or improved methods to get work done and implements best practices.
What do you need to succeed?
- Certification in Technology or Computer Science would be an asset
- 5+ years of experience as a Project manager or Project Manager with broad-based projects
- 5+ years proven experience successfully managing and implementing several large scales, high visibility projects with the management of large cross-functional project teams
- Proven experience leading large scale, high visibility projects is mandatory
Nice to Have
- Previous RBC or Financial Services experience would be an asset
- Experience in managing projects for Finance at a FI (Preferred)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
About RBC Financial Group
Royal Bank of Canada (RY on TSX and NYSE) and its subsidiaries operate under the master brand name RBC.
- We are one of Canada's largest banks and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization.
- We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis.
- We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 35 other countries.