The Role is seeking a motivated QE Automation lead / QE Specialist for leading Automation testing and day-to-day test automation initiatives; will provide leadership in managing the relationship with the organization’s Global Resource Pool to ensure delivery of quality test automation scripts for existing manual test cases using the organization’s QE Automation standard processes, framework and tools; and will analyze test results, develop, maintain and execute scripts as necessary, based on testing requirements to ensure quality delivery of software. The position also partners across IT and with assigned business lines to participate in the testing of new or existing software in order to ensure requirements are met.
What will you do?
- Contribute to projects/program test strategies and plans for test Automation.
- Responsible for the adoption of quality engineering practices and train junior resources
- Provide feedback on the quality of deliverables and escalate quality issues
- Uses tools for defect management, regression, performance or automation testing
- Responsible for creating, maximizing automation and executing low/medium complexity test cases for assigned programs/projects through the application lifecycle (functional or non-functional)
- You will design, execute and automate test plans based on business requirements to ensure quality delivery of software specifically using python scripting.
- Partners across IT and with assigned business lines to test new or existing software in order to ensure requirements are met.
- Responsible for providing accurate and detailed work status to project team/teams and QE Manager
What do you need to succeed?
- 5-7 years of experience in test case design at different levels (component/service, integration, Robot framework and automation, end to end user scenarios)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in script development using scripting languages (e.g., Ready API, Python.) or using programming languages (e.g., Java, C, SQL DB querying, HIVE, HBASE).
- Experience using source configuration tools (Git, SVN, and JENKINS etc.)
- Experience in a QA/test environment with a focus on technical, automated testing in a variety of environments such as Unix OS, Mainframe, cloud, distributed, services/apis, databases
- Experience working with various frameworks Agile or Iterative Waterfall Software Development Lifecycle
- Very good communication skills, ability to focus and prioritize and solve complex technical problems.
- Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related (technical) degree/diploma
- Hands-on exposure to test performance tools (e.g. HP performance centre )
- Experience reviewing artifacts including code reviews (application and test automation scripts)
- Experience as technical developer
- ISTQB certified
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
About RBC Financial Group
Royal Bank of Canada (RY on TSX and NYSE) and its subsidiaries operate under the master brand name RBC.
- We are one of Canada's largest banks and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization.
- We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis.
- We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 35 other countries.