The Enterprise & International Applications (E&IA) group is looking for Quality Engineers to test technologies & integrations. This position has both junior and senior roles.
The Corporate Systems team in E&IA is responsible for managing and delivering on all IT initiatives for the Group Risk Management function of the bank
The Finance IT team in E&IA is responsible for managing and delivering on all IT initiatives for the Finance function of the bank.
As a Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for testing technologies in Enterprise & International Applications, working with various project teams by applying Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering best practices. You will work closely with the project leads to also understand technologies of associated business groups (e.g. Financial Crime technologies, Capital Markets), and develop and execute automated test cases for mission-critical applications.
What will you do?
- Create test plans, test cases and test scripts based on complex requirement documents and business User Stories
- Develop and maintain automated test suites using test automation tools
- Execute test cases (manual/automated), document test results and raise defects whenever necessary
- Be responsible for component or end-to-end tracking of issues, as required
- Work with JIRA, Confluence and HP QC for test case management, defect management, test reporting and other functions
- Participate in defect triage and Scrum meetings
- Test new technologies and system functionality to ensure business acceptance, user acceptance and system integration
- Effectively collaborate with team members, stakeholders and business partners from initiation to close by using strong communication, rapport building, and other stakeholder management techniques
- Continually enhance your own skills and build knowledge in all aspects of the organization, the business and information systems
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience in developing code in languages such as Java or C++
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Perl
- Experience with various ETL validation methods
- Understanding of QA methodologies and best practices to conduct data validation
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience with Spark, HDFS, HIVE, Jenkins, Maven, SVN
Nice To Have
- Understanding of the software development process and experience with the AGILE methodology (i.e. Scrums, Sprints, Retrospective, etc)
- Understanding of IT Standards, methodologies, SDLC, CMM & audit requirements
- Experience with testing frameworks: JUnit, TestNG
- Experience with Linux and shell scripting
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
About RBC Financial Group
Royal Bank of Canada (RY on TSX and NYSE) and its subsidiaries operate under the master brand name RBC.
- We are one of Canada's largest banks and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization.
- We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis.
- We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 35 other countries.