What is the opportunity?
In the increasingly complex world of financial services, accurate and complete data is critical for risk management and regulatory compliance. Ensuring data integrity begins with an understanding of financial services data, business processes and reconciling reporting data with authoritative sources. As a Senior Analyst/Manager, Data Integrity & Insights – Completeness Controls you will be accountable for completing complex reconciliations, sufficient to support data integrity attestations, for business critical processes and regulatory reports. Reporting to the Associate Director, you will work directly with business partners across the organization including Finance, Group Risk Management, Personal & Commercial Banking, Capital Markets, Wealth Management Internal/External Audit and the SOX Office.
What will you do?
Completeness Controls and Assessments:
- Complete and prepare key reconciliations between Finance and Risk data systems across the various data domains within the bank ensuring the integrity, accuracy and completeness of Finance and Risk data
- Develop and maintain standardized reconciliation processes to provide assurance to Credit Risk, Market Risk, Counterparty Credit Risk, Finance,
- Capital Measurement and Regulatory Reporting teams regarding the accuracy & completeness of the data in RBC’s reporting and data management systems
- Document exceptions and adjustments, and present detailed results to key finance, risk and business line stakeholders
- Provide assurance and support attestations that the specific and aggregate data values reconcile with authoritative sources and/or systems of record
Process Management & Continuous Improvement:
- Maintain and update key processes and documentation for SOX & Audit compliance
- Identify and evaluate any unmitigated risks and control weaknesses, and recommend new or enhanced reconciliation controls consistent with the stakeholder’s requirements
- Explore opportunities to centralize, standardize and streamline reconciliation and business processes, document requirements and recommend business solutions that satisfy report and business process owners’ needs
- Undertake new projects and change initiatives including and analysis and requirements gathering, defining target results, designing and documenting effective, repeatable processes
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years of experience in accounting, risk management, data management and/or business analysis
- Demonstrated experience working with large volumes of data and completing financial reconciliations
- Post-secondary degree or diploma accounting, finance, business administration, mathematics or equivalent
- Professional Certification (CPA, CFA, FRM and/or other) – completed or in-progress
- Strong data processing and reporting skills using Excel, SQL, Python, SAS, Tableau
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated, with a strong desire to achieve tangible results
- Relevant experience with credit risk data, data quality principles, data control design, self-assessment of existing processes and systems
- Some experience with business and/or technical documentation
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in busy times
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial products, reporting and data related issues
- Familiarity with the financial service regulatory environment (e.g. BCBS239, IFRS 9, Market Risk, CECL, BCAR)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving mutual success.
You will work in a collaborative work environment with highly skilled data management professionals, and leaders who support your development through coaching and new opportunities
- Opportunity to contribute directly to current and ongoing data quality and completeness initiatives that will have a lasting impact
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Develop insights into the application and use of finance and risk data used in regulatory reporting risk and capital management and compliance
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
About RBC Financial Group
Royal Bank of Canada (RY on TSX and NYSE) and its subsidiaries operate under the master brand name RBC.
- We are one of Canada's largest banks and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization.
- We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis.
- We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 35 other countries.