About the job
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Regulatory and Risk Technology team is responsible for delivering and supporting various Capital Markets regulatory initiatives such as Dodd Frank, EMIR, Volcker, MiFID 2 and other requirements. The purpose of the team is to leverage present and emerging technologies for developing IT solution to handle regulatory requirements across various jurisdictions. The Team is seeking a Senior Application Developer with strong Java development skills as well as expertise in application (monolithic/microservices architecture) and database design (relational/NoSQL).
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- As a Senior level Java Developer, develop and deliver the real-time data warehouse functions to a high level of standards, and helping to define and design what those best practices and standards are.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand their requirements and provide technical solutions.
- Work with other team members (including developers and QA) to deliver projects in time and with good quality.
- Provide development/L3 production support along with other team members.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- 5-7+ years of prior experience in coding (Java), concurrency programming, XML and JMS messaging, Spring and DB (Oracle).
- Experience with J2E Containers (JBoss/WildFly), application clustering for high availability, high volume transaction based systems.
- Quick learner with ability to pick up new technologies/skills and business knowledge.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment with exceptional communication skills required to interface with a highly engaged client group.
- Experience with MongoDB, Hadoop, Spark, Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- Prior experience in developing trading applications in Capital Markets would be a huge asset
What’s in it for you?
- We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers
Address: 120 Western Parkway
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Position Level: CM – Associate Director
Required Travel(%): 0-25
Application Deadline: 08/31/2021
Req ID: 388518
About RBC Financial Group
- We are one of Canada's largest banks and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization.
- We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis.
- We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 35 other countries.