This is an opportunity for an agile Java developer with a background in test-driven development (TDD), a craftsman’s mindset to coding and a willingness to take ownership of delivery from shaping requirements to implementation and testing. You will gain exposure to cutting-edge technology (e.g., Solace, Cloud-based technologies). You will also help shape the technology strategy and help define the way the team works through regular retrospectives. You will be working on a codebase largely written in Java 8 and based on a microservices architecture and will be committed to writing clean code.
As part of the RBC Capital market Regulatory and Risk Technology team, you will be responsible for developing back-office systems dealing with regulatory requirements across various derivative asset classes for RBC and over time you will acquire valuable business knowledge about derivative trades.
What will you do?
- Design and develop solutions that meet business and non-functional requirements, while ensuring compliance with overall application and technology architecture policies and target state standards.
- Contribute fully to the development of applications and products, involving detailed design, TDD across the whole lifecycle.
- Create quality tested code, understanding stakeholder’s goals through discussion and demonstrating solutions.
- Complete unit testing of components for integration into larger subsystem and produce code that is secure, stable and operational before handover to Run the Bank team.
- Work with various teams across the business to manage all aspects of implementation planning & coordination of releases.
- Participant in planning/testing DR/BCP tests.
- Join a dynamic agile team that enjoys success through collaboration and mutual respect.
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience with Java 8
- Cloud-based application development knowledge
- Google Compute Platform /Amazon Web Service
- Hibernate, high throughput multithreading/currency, JMS/Solace, XML, JSON, Sybase (or similar RDBMS), REST/SOAP, good knowledge of building software for Linux.
- Spring, Oracle (SQL), MongoDB, XML, JMS, Soap/RestFul Service
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Professional experience on large projects/programs with multiple applications with multiple interfaces and/or 3rd parties.
- Business knowledge (Advantage but not essential) on derivative trade, trade reporting and FpML
- Knowledge of DevOps.
- Working and managing offshore vendor team.
What’s in it for you?
- Have a real stake and contribution to the technical direction for all development, and architecture initiatives ensuring to the best overall IT architectural direction.
- Drives implementation, contributes and participates in team development and process discussions.
- Work directly with stakeholders and Users to ensure a fit to purpose and reactive solutions to their business requirements.
About RBC Financial Group
Royal Bank of Canada (RY on TSX and NYSE) and its subsidiaries operate under the master brand name RBC.
- We are one of Canada's largest banks and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization.
- We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis.
- We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 35 other countries.