The Enterprise & International Applications (E&IA) group is looking for Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) to ensure critical systems of the bank are production-ready, reliable, and fully compliant with regulatory and RBC policies. This position is available in both junior and senior roles.
The Corporate Systems team in E&IA is responsible for managing and delivering on all IT initiatives for the Group Risk Management function of the bank
The Finance IT team in E&IA is responsible for managing and delivering on all IT initiatives for the Finance function of the bank.
Site Reliability Engineers will build and monitor any systems and processes in production with an eye to improving service resiliency and reducing repetitive and manual tasks.
What will you do?
- Develop SRE solutions (monitoring and alerting, machine learning anomaly detection, self-healing and reliability testing)
- Apply design-thinking and agile mindset in working with SREs, Scrum Masters and Incident Leads
- Adopt automation solutions for applications
- Perform production support role, troubleshooting all systems and applications in scope, including off-hours support
- Support mainframe programs, JCL and Zeke Jobs
- Assist in incident management and problem management for applications in scope
- Ensure availability and uptime of applications in scope
- Ensure compliance of all systems and applications in scope
What do you need to succeed?
- An engineering mindset, SDLC experience with production class delivery, strong analytical mindset, communication skills, and sense of ownership/drive
- Typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience in Software Engineering (SRE, DevOps, Cloud, Data)
- Intermediate experience in a variety of environments (cloud, distributed and mainframe, business workflows and services/APIs, databases)
- Hands-on experience in a variety of SRE languages and tools (Ansible, Dynatrace Managed, Moog, PagerDuty, ServiceNow, GitHub, Slack, Elastic,
- Logstash, Kibana, Blue Prism, Catch Point)
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM) methodologies
Nice To Have
- 2+ years experience with compiled languages
- Experience with Docker, OpenShift
- Experience building or supporting distributed applications
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with a spectrum of groups across the organization
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
About RBC Financial Group
Royal Bank of Canada (RY on TSX and NYSE) and its subsidiaries operate under the master brand name RBC.
- We are one of Canada's largest banks and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization.
- We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis.
- We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 35 other countries.