The Global Equity Technology team is seeking an Electronic Trading Support Analyst with a positive attitude, a passion to learn, and a strong drive to make things better than you found them. You will be the liaison between the Business Unit / Traders, our Client Support team and Capital Markets Technology for Equities, Futures, FX and Portfolio & Algorithmic Trading related issues. Ideally, we would like you to have an Equities trading background and exposure to the technologies behind trading.
What will you do?
- Level two support and liaison between business unit/traders and technology for Cash Equities Application & Algorithmic Electronic Trading related issues
- Leverage automation to drive efficiency and to improve our operating environment
- Escalate issues to Client Support, Network Support, DBA & other service groups for quick identification & resolution.
- Contact exchange to resolve connectivity problems; issues with receiving rejects on orders, cancels or amends; getting Outs/Cancellations on stuck orders or any other trade-related issue.
- Conduct war games & document recovery procedures for faster turn-around & lesser business impact.
- Conduct training & knowledge sharing sessions and documentation of all support-related information.
- Support the integration of new releases, bug fixes, patches and configuration changes into production, including post-release checks and trader training/notification.
Key Lateral Relationships:
- Equity traders
- Major Business Sponsors – Heads of desks, Trading, Sales, Portfolio, DMA
- Development teams
- Infrastructure teams
What do you need to succeed?
- Must have a Bachelor’s of Science degree or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task & handle high-visibility outage situations
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiastic attitude.
- Knowledgeable in Linux/Unix
Nice to have:
- Experience as a member of a team providing 24×7 coverage
- Consistently seeking opportunities to automate; Strong scripting skills (i.e., Python, PERL, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of SQL with experience and a good understanding of database concepts (Oracle, Sybase and SQL Server)
- Working knowledge of FIX Protocol
- Prior in-depth experience in supporting large-scale, enterprise-wide, global trading platform
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressively think to keep growing and work together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients shine and communities prosper. We care about our team, encourage each other into maximizing our potential, and promote achieving success that is mutual across the firm.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
About RBC Financial Group
Royal Bank of Canada (RY on TSX and NYSE) and its subsidiaries operate under the master brand name RBC.
- We are one of Canada's largest banks and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization.
- We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis.
- We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 35 other countries.