REDspace is a custom software development company. We build cutting-edge streaming platforms and user experiences that are transforming the media & entertainment industry for clients such as WarnerMedia, ViacomCBS, Sony, and IBM. Leveraging our extensive, world-class experience, we help transform other industries by integrating existing systems with consumer media innovations and emerging technologies such as video, voice, mobile, machine learning, and gaming tech.
What did we do before Google? How did we know what time stores closed, how to convert miles into kilometres, or what other movies that actor was in? As an Android Developer, you recognized that a world without Google is not one you want to live in and, as a result, have devoted your career to getting to know the ins and outs of its operating systems.
At REDspace, you will become part of a team that works on complex and cutting-edge apps, games, and other cool projects for the world’s leading media and entertainment brands. You’re the first to know about new trends or tools and always looking for the next challenge to tackle.
You’ll be part of a mighty and quickly growing team of designers, animators, and developers. Together, we are inventing innovative, captivating interactive experiences and changing the way people engage with technology (while having fun along the way, of course). Want to join our team?
- Minimum of three years experience developing mobile applications for Android devices and other mobile technologies supported by an IT Diploma or
- Bachelor/Master of Computer Science.
- Strong understanding and experience with the following:
- Object-oriented programming, specifically in Java, Kotlin
- Developing Android native applications and/or libraries
- Knowledge of the Android API, in particular, UI implementation to comply with a strict design
- Design and develop robust, maintainable, and standards-compliant mobile applications and libraries for the Android Platform
- Ability to analyze assigned tasks, provide accurate work estimates, and manage time to keep development on schedule.
- Experience publishing your own Apps on App Store or Google Play markets or have worked on a team that has done so.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to explain complex technical issues
- Participate in a development team using agile methodologies, including team-based design and code reviews.
- Work well in an ever-changing, fast-paced, high-pressure environment that requires meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a group alongside team members, including developers, designers, project managers, and clients as well as individually.
- Experience mentoring junior developers.
- Great attitude and sense of humour (even if it’s just making yourself laugh). You’ll be hard-pressed to find egos around here.
- A desire to work with a variety of technologies as well as the ability to adapt to change and a willingness to learn new things.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, deploying solutions quickly.
- Experience programming in other languages aside from Java. Particularly interesting: C++, Scala/Groovy, Haskell, Go, Python
- Knowledge of cross-platform tools like Unity, PhoneGap, Titanium, ReactNative, NativeScript, etc.
- Knowing how to design and architect scalable software is a major asset, ie: inheritance, type safety, design patterns, threading and synchronization, modularity, and automated unit tests
- Experience programming in Java on non-Android platforms
Working at REDspace.
One of the big plus sides of working at REDspace is we look out for you.
Your well-being. We offer:
- Fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage with access to an online doctor
- Pension plan contribution matching
- Healthy living allowance
Your career. We’re invested in your growth. We offer:
- Annual professional development allowance
- Bi-weekly and monthly Project and Tech shares
- Annual salary and performance reviews
Your happiness. You’ll enjoy coming to work every day. We offer:
- A flexible work environment with remote work options, in-office opportunities or a mixed approach
- Financial relocation assistance
- Social and team-building events
- Charitable donation matching
Want to work for one of Canada’s top employers? Send us your cover letter, resume, and portfolio!
This position is based out of our Halifax office OR has the opportunity to be remote. We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. We appreciate your interest in REDspace. Please note, only candidates who meet the requirements of the role will be contacted.
REDspace is a full-service digital studio specializing in mobile, web, gaming, and video solutions. We craft award-winning digital experiences that empower some of the world’s largest brands including MTV, Nickelodeon, Fox, IBM, CBC, Cartoon Network, and many more. Supporting our partners is what we’re good at, and we believe in what we do.
Our business is based on trusted long-term relationships. With a team of over 160, nothing is ever outsourced. We stay on top of industry trends while also looking ahead to new, exciting technologies that will help grow businesses.
Our culture is built around our people. We’re fortunate to have a team here in Nova Scotia, consisting of hard workers, problem solvers, industry leaders, and creative thinkers who are all passionate about what we do. We’re proud to work with our community and sponsor youth programs at every level to show Nova Scotians that you can do awesome work from right here at home!