As a Cloud System Administrator, you have built a reputation for providing stable, secure and scalable environments to host web applications and content management systems. Detailed, collaborative, and analytical, you balance multiple priorities and deadlines without breaking a sweat.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Cloud System Administrator is responsible for providing hands-on network, server, and technical infrastructure maintenance and support. Maintaining security and performance controls, the Cloud System Administrator ensures the high availability of all critical systems and network infrastructure by use of monitoring and support tools and best practices. Work hours are primarily 9-5, Monday-Friday; however, some after-hours work (in person, via telephone or remote) will be required as part of our on-call support services.
What you will do:
- Responsible for the support, maintenance, and upgrade of Linux servers and containers running in virtual or cloud environments
- Assist team in deploying secure and scalable infrastructure
- Help REDspace achieve cloud migration goals
- Assist with security hardening initiatives as a result of audits or InfoSec evaluations
- Document problem/resolution in the ticketing system (JIRA) and provide user documentation as required
- Maintain regular monitoring of the network environment and respond to critical alerts and security events
- Ensure data and logs are collected, network reports are kept, and metrics and statistics are updated
- Drive automation around server management lifecycle, including automatic builds, patching and monitoring of servers.
- Maintain 24×7 Cloud-based hosting for both REDspace resources and Clients of REDspace
- Work to ensure that systems standards are managed and maintained in alignment with security best practices, including vulnerability management and encryption
- Assist with other IT Department tasks as required
What we expect:
- 5+ years of relevant server administrator experience
- College diploma or relevant post-secondary education
- Linux server administration experience
- Deployed and maintained containers in production environments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Working knowledge of the cloud (AWS)
- Have experience using Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Bash, Powershell)
- Database administrator knowledge (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Aurora)
- Worked with Identity Providers to provide SSO with 2FA
- Have a solid understanding of network services and interoperability including Windows DNS & DHCP
- Willing to ask for assistance when roadblocks impede progress
- Able to define requirements and take on tasks with minimal supervision and juggle multiple deadlines
- Confident handling/coordinating multiple tasks with changing priority levels
- Able to mentor junior team members on administering systems on cloud platforms
- Naturally analytic, a good team player, strong work ethic
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be available for on-call hours (weekly rotation, 24/7 with 15-minute problem acknowledgement expectation)
- AWS or Linux Certifications
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory, Server 2016+ and VMware vSphere
Working at REDspace.
One of the big plus sides of working at REDspace is we look out for you.
Your well-being. We offer:
- Fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage with access to an online doctor
- Pension plan contribution matching
- Healthy living allowance
Your career. We’re invested in your growth. We offer:
- Annual professional development allowance
- Bi-weekly and monthly Project and Tech shares
- Annual salary and performance reviews
Your happiness. You’ll enjoy coming to work every day. We offer:
- A flexible work environment with remote work options, in-office opportunities or a mixed approach
- Financial relocation assistance
- Social and team-building events
- Charitable donation matching
Want to work for one of Atlantic Canada’s top employers? Send us your cover letter, resume, and portfolio!
This position is based out of our Bedford office. We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. We appreciate your interest in REDspace. Please note, only candidates who meet the requirements of the role will be contacted.
REDspace is a full-service digital studio specializing in mobile, web, gaming, and video solutions. We craft award-winning digital experiences that empower some of the world’s largest brands including MTV, Nickelodeon, Fox, IBM, CBC, Cartoon Network, and many more. Supporting our partners is what we’re good at, and we believe in what we do.
Our business is based on trusted long-term relationships. With a team of over 160, nothing is ever outsourced. We stay on top of industry trends while also looking ahead to new, exciting technologies that will help grow businesses.
Our culture is built around our people. We’re fortunate to have a team here in Nova Scotia, consisting of hard workers, problem solvers, industry leaders, and creative thinkers who are all passionate about what we do. We’re proud to work with our community and sponsor youth programs at every level to show Nova Scotians that you can do awesome work from right here at home!