REDspace is looking for a Data Engineering Lead to join our team. Leading a team for one of our biggest clients, you will be responsible for systems and architecture related to a large data platform. You’ll help in defining a stack for analytics as a service – including storage of raw data, ETLS and a pipeline for batch and streaming pipelines. You will enable various internal applications to retrieve data relevant to their respective use cases and will work with a team of analysts and data scientists to access data for dashboarding, alerting, and ad hoc analysis.
What we expect.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
- 8+ years of development experience including 3+ years experience working in a leadership capacity
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Programming background, experience in Python
- Fluent across Big data stacks, experience or familiarity in areas such as:
- Google Big Query,
- Spark Clusters
- Ability to identify the right solution by analysing tools, and determining when to use one over the other based on use case and volume of data (billions of events a day scale).
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
- Experience providing technical leadership and educating other engineers for best practices on data engineering.
- Experience working within a Cloud environment with an understanding of Cloud concepts.
- Work well in a fast paced, high pressure environment that requires meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively with a team of developers, designers, project managers, and clients.
- Great attitude and sense of humour (even if it’s just making yourself laugh). You’ll be hard-pressed to find egos around here.
- Passion for learning new technologies and desire to stay up to date with industry trends and best practices.
- Taking pride and ownership of everything you’re assigned, seeing all tasks through to completion.
What you can expect.
One of the big plus sides of working at REDspace is we look out for you.
Your well-being. We offer fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage, pension plan contribution matching, access to a free on-site gym, and a healthy living allowance.
Your career. We’re invested in your growth. With an annual professional development allowance and trips to the world’s biggest and best tech conferences, we give you the chance to grow and learn new skills.
Your happiness. You’ll enjoy coming to work every day. We make sure to create a flexible environment with remote work options, newcomers relocation assistance, free delicious snacks, saunas, and much more.
Want to work for one of Canada’s top employers? Send us your cover letter, resume and portfolio!
This position is based out of our Bedford office and offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. We appreciate your interest in REDspace. Please note that only candidates who meet the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Where to find us!
168-1595 Bedford Hwy
Bedford NS, Canada B4A 3Y4
REDspace is a full-service digital studio specializing in mobile, web, gaming, and video solutions. We craft award-winning digital experiences that empower some of the world’s largest brands including MTV, Nickelodeon, Fox, IBM, CBC, Cartoon Network, and many more. Supporting our partners is what we’re good at, and we believe in what we do.
Our business is based on trusted long-term relationships. With a team of over 160, nothing is ever outsourced. We stay on top of industry trends while also looking ahead to new, exciting technologies that will help grow businesses.
Our culture is built around our people. We’re fortunate to have a team here in Nova Scotia, consisting of hard workers, problem solvers, industry leaders, and creative thinkers who are all passionate about what we do. We’re proud to work with our community and sponsor youth programs at every level to show Nova Scotians that you can do awesome work from right here at home!