REDspace is a custom software development company. We build cutting-edge streaming platforms and user experiences that are transforming the media & entertainment industry for clients such as WarnerMedia, ViacomCBS, Sony, and IBM. Leveraging our extensive, world-class experience, we help transform other industries by integrating existing systems with consumer media innovations and emerging technologies such as video, voice, mobile, machine learning, and gaming tech.
As an iOS Developer, you will become part of a team that works on complex and cutting edge iOS apps, games and many other projects for the world’s leading media and entertainment brands. You’re the first to know about new trends or tools and always looking for the next challenge to tackle.
Collaboration is the name of the game in our office which leads to daily cross-discipline idea generation. You’ll be part of a mighty and quickly growing team of designers, animators, and developers. Together, we are inventing innovative, captivating interactive experiences and changing the way people engage with technology (while having fun along the way, of course). Want to join our team?
- Minimum of three years experience developing mobile applications for iPhone, iPad, and other mobile technologies supported by an IT Diploma or Bachelor/Master of Computer Science.
Strong understanding of the following:
- Objective-C, Swift, C/C++ and experience with iOS App or Framework development
- Object-Oriented programming experience
- Ability to analyze assigned tasks, provide accurate work estimates, and manage time to keep development on schedule.
- Experience publishing your own Apps on App Store or Google Play markets or have worked on a team that has done so.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to explain complex technical issues
- Work well in an ever-changing, fast-paced, high-pressure environment that requires meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a group alongside team members including developers, designers, project managers, and clients as well as individually.
- Great attitude and sense of humour (even if it’s just making yourself laugh). You’ll be hard-pressed to find egos around here.
- A desire to work with a variety of technologies as well as the ability to adapt to change and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in one or more Android domains including Java applications, Android SDK/NDK is an asset.
- Previous experience with other mobile SDKs, particularly Android and releasing Apps as well as knowledge of cross-platform tools like Unity, PhoneGap, Titanium, etc.
REDspace is a full-service digital studio specializing in mobile, web, gaming, and video solutions. We craft award-winning digital experiences that empower some of the world’s largest brands including MTV, Nickelodeon, Fox, IBM, CBC, Cartoon Network, and many more. Supporting our partners is what we’re good at, and we believe in what we do.
Our business is based on trusted long-term relationships. With a team of over 160, nothing is ever outsourced. We stay on top of industry trends while also looking ahead to new, exciting technologies that will help grow businesses.
Our culture is built around our people. We’re fortunate to have a team here in Nova Scotia, consisting of hard workers, problem solvers, industry leaders, and creative thinkers who are all passionate about what we do. We’re proud to work with our community and sponsor youth programs at every level to show Nova Scotians that you can do awesome work from right here at home!