When it comes to technical problem solving, you are everyone and anyone’s go-to. Throughout your career, you have built a reputation for providing exceptional client service and can easily jump in and provide support. Detailed, collaborative, and analytical, you balance multiple priorities and deadlines without breaking a sweat.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Support Specialist will provide in office technical support for client based applications and internal workstation equipment. Work hours are primarily 9-5, Monday-Friday; however, some after-hours work (in person, via telephone or remote) may be required.
What you will do.
- Act as a liaison between end users and software developers as needed to provide an additional level of support;
- Support end users in day-to-day IT tasks, including troubleshooting of workstations, printers, test devices and other office IT equipment or services
- Administer Windows Servers under the guidance of System Administrators
- Monitor support inboxes, Jira tickets, and Slack support channels
- Register and maintain inventory of workstations, test devices and other equipment
- Action emails and request and/or pass on to appropriate developer teams
- Provide client-based Application Support when required
- Process Application Data, extract data from the system and prepare reports for end-users and management.
- Provide exceptional customer service to customers and internal groups
- Participate in problem resolution in a multiplatform environment, propose changes that will prevent further occurrences.
- Attend regular Application Support meetings to keep abreast of upcoming projects and ongoing support flows
- Take ownership of problems and manage assigned tasks completing them in a timely fashion
- Identify and document potential risks/improvements in the environment and provide resolution options to management.
- Develop, maintain process documentation on support processes and procedures.
- Multitask handling support tasks and hit multiple project targets while working in a dynamic environment
- Other duties as required
What we expect.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience working in a similar role
- Relevant experience in helpdesk or enterprise application technical support
- Relevant secondary education in Information Technology or another related field.
- Experience with Windows Server 2016 or above
- Knowledge of networking principles and VPN
- Proficient with MacOS and Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of IBM Notes considered a asset
- Able to define requirements and take on tasks with minimal supervision and juggle multiple deadlines
- Confident handling/coordinating multiple tasks with changing priority levels
- Naturally analytic, a good team player, strong work ethic
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle will be required.
REDspace is a full-service digital studio specializing in mobile, web, gaming, and video solutions. We craft award-winning digital experiences that empower some of the world’s largest brands including MTV, Nickelodeon, Fox, IBM, CBC, Cartoon Network, and many more. Supporting our partners is what we’re good at, and we believe in what we do.
Our business is based on trusted long-term relationships. With a team of over 160, nothing is ever outsourced. We stay on top of industry trends while also looking ahead to new, exciting technologies that will help grow businesses.
Our culture is built around our people. We’re fortunate to have a team here in Nova Scotia, consisting of hard workers, problem solvers, industry leaders, and creative thinkers who are all passionate about what we do. We’re proud to work with our community and sponsor youth programs at every level to show Nova Scotians that you can do awesome work from right here at home!