IT Support Specialist
When it comes to technical problem solving, you are everyone and anyone’s go-to. Throughout your career, you have built a reputation for providing exceptional client service and can easily jump in and provide support. Detailed, collaborative, and analytical, you balance multiple priorities and deadlines without breaking a sweat.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Support Specialist will provide in office technical support for client based applications and internal workstation equipment. Work hours are primarily 9-5, Monday-Friday; however, some after-hours work (in person, via telephone or remote) may be required.
What you will do.
- Act as a liaison between end users and software developers as needed to provide an additional level of support;
- Support end users in day-to-day IT tasks, including troubleshooting of workstations, printers, test devices and other office IT equipment or services
- Administer Windows Servers under the guidance of System Administrators
- Monitor support inboxes, Jira tickets, and Slack support channels
- Register and maintain inventory of workstations, test devices and other equipment
- Action emails and request and/or pass on to appropriate developer teams
- Provide client-based Application Support when required
- Process Application Data, extract data from the system and prepare reports for end-users and management.
- Provide exceptional customer service to customers and internal groups
- Participate in problem resolution in a multiplatform environment, propose changes that will prevent further occurrences.
- Attend regular Application Support meetings to keep abreast of upcoming projects and ongoing support flows
- Take ownership of problems and management assigned tasks completing them in a timely fashion
- Identify and document potential risks/improvements in the environment and provide resolution options to management.
- Develop, maintain process documentation on support processes and procedures.
- Multitask handling support tasks and hit multiple project targets while working in a dynamic environment
- Other duties as required
What we expect.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience working in a similar role
- Relevant experience in helpdesk or enterprise application technical support
- Relevant secondary education in Information Technology or another related field
- Mac Administration experience required
- Experience with Windows Server 2016 or above
- Knowledge of networking principles and VPN
- Proficient with MacOS and Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of IBM Notes considered a asset
- Able to define requirements and take on tasks with minimal supervision and juggle multiple deadlines
- Confident handling/coordinating multiple tasks with changing priority levels
- Naturally analytic, a good team player, strong work ethic
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle will be required.
What you can expect.
One of the big plus sides of working at REDspace is we look out for you.
From fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage, to pension plan contribution matching, to access to a free on-site gym and a healthy living allowance, we always want you feeling your best.
We’re invested in your growth. With annual personal development allowance to trips to the world’s biggest and best tech conferences, we want to give you the chance to hone and learn new skills.
We want you to enjoy coming to work every day and we make sure to create a flexible environment that allows just that. This means free delicious snacks, remote work options, newcomers relocation assistance, saunas, and much more.
So want to be part of the Best Digital Studio to work for in Atlantic Canada? Send us your resume and cover letter.
Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. We appreciate your interest in REDspace. Please note that only candidates who meet the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Where to find us!
168-1595 Bedford Hwy
Bedford NS, Canada B4A 3Y4
REDspace is a full-service digital studio specializing in mobile, web, gaming, and video solutions. We craft award-winning digital experiences that empower some of the world’s largest brands including MTV, Nickelodeon, Fox, IBM, CBC, Cartoon Network, and many more. Supporting our partners is what we’re good at, and we believe in what we do.
Our business is based on trusted long-term relationships. With a team of over 160, nothing is ever outsourced. We stay on top of industry trends while also looking ahead to new, exciting technologies that will help grow businesses.
Our culture is built around our people. We’re fortunate to have a team here in Nova Scotia, consisting of hard workers, problem solvers, industry leaders, and creative thinkers who are all passionate about what we do. We’re proud to work with our community and sponsor youth programs at every level to show Nova Scotians that you can do awesome work from right here at home!