Quality Engineering (QE) Specialist
REDspace is a custom software development company. We build cutting-edge streaming platforms and user experiences that are transforming the media & entertainment industry for clients such as WarnerMedia, ViacomCBS, Sony, and IBM. Leveraging our extensive, world-class experience, we help transform other industries by integrating existing systems with consumer media innovations and emerging technologies such as video, voice, mobile, machine learning, and gaming tech.
As a QE Specialist, you will help define a quality plan, determining what to do and what not to do, according to project objectives, budgets, and other constraints. You will understand code and suggest improvements and should be able to test a system and search for bugs with a highly critical eye and report incidents. This role will contribute to test automation at different levels; such as API and UI levels, and suggest new test cases, analyze the coverage, and decide if the test coverage is comprehensive. This role will help ensure test cases and scripts are aligned with development and business requirements. This role will maintain a broader understanding of the project vision, and leverage the specialist’s technical expertise to best support it.
Together, we are inventing innovative, interactive software experiences and changing the way people engage with technology (while having fun along the way, of course). Want to join our team?
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3 + years of experience working in a software quality engineering capacity with a focus on automation testing
- Knowledge of test automation tools, test and defect management tools such as Jira, Bugzilla etc.
- Knowledge of overall architecture of websites, mobile applications, set top boxes, and online games
- Understanding of quality assurance best practices and software testing methodology
- Enterprise-grade services testing/QA experience
- Charles Proxy/Postman other HTTP Proxy services experience
- Hands-on knowledge of coding/scripting language (at least one is a must)
- Hands-on experience (not only record/play automation tools experience) in writing code with tools like Selenium, Appium etc.
- Familiarity with general web tech (Headers, Cookies, URL manipulation, etc)
- Exposure to OTT devices (Roku/Chromecast)
- Development experience is considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to measure general quality of software and optimize processes
- Worked in a project environment which followed Agile methodology
- Strong attention to detail, and possess analytical and problem solving skills
- Work well in an ever-changing, fast paced, high pressure environment that requires meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group of team members including developers, project managers, directors, and clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn, adapt to new technologies and tools
- Working at REDspace.
One of the big plus sides of working at REDspace is we look out for you.
Your well-being. We offer:
- Fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage with access to an online doctor
- Pension plan contribution matching
- Healthy living allowance
Your career. We’re invested in your growth. We offer:
- Annual professional development allowance
- Bi-weekly and monthly Project and Tech shares
- Annual salary and performance reviews
Your happiness. You’ll enjoy coming to work every day. We offer:
- A flexible work environment with remote work options, in office opportunities or a mixed approach
- Financial relocation assistance
- Social and team building events
- Charitable donation matching
Want to work for one of Canada’s top employers? Send us your cover letter, resume, and portfolio!
This position is based out of our Bedford, Nova Scotia office and offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. We appreciate your interest in REDspace. Please note that only candidates who meet the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Where to find us!
168-1595 Bedford Hwy
Bedford NS, Canada B4A 3Y4
REDspace is a full-service digital studio specializing in mobile, web, gaming, and video solutions. We craft award-winning digital experiences that empower some of the world’s largest brands including MTV, Nickelodeon, Fox, IBM, CBC, Cartoon Network, and many more. Supporting our partners is what we’re good at, and we believe in what we do.
Our business is based on trusted long-term relationships. With a team of over 160, nothing is ever outsourced. We stay on top of industry trends while also looking ahead to new, exciting technologies that will help grow businesses.
Our culture is built around our people. We’re fortunate to have a team here in Nova Scotia, consisting of hard workers, problem solvers, industry leaders, and creative thinkers who are all passionate about what we do. We’re proud to work with our community and sponsor youth programs at every level to show Nova Scotians that you can do awesome work from right here at home!