REDspace is a custom software development company. We build cutting-edge streaming platforms and user experiences that are transforming the media & entertainment industry for clients such as WarnerMedia, ViacomCBS, Sony, and IBM. Leveraging our extensive, world-class experience, we help transform other industries by integrating existing systems with consumer media innovations and emerging technologies such as video, voice, mobile, machine learning, and gaming tech.
Thorough. Analytical. Meticulous. These are words that are used to describe you and your work. You use these skills to test and ensure that every project is the best it can possibly be while using your strong communications skills to work with team members and document results as well as recommend fixes. You stay up to date with all the newest devices and understand how they work.
As a Test Automation Specialist, you are skilled in automated testing and will work with a team to design/extend the test automation framework, automation scripting, and ensure quality for mobile, web and software applications. This role requires an understanding of current industry automation/QA best practices, and software testing methodology. You will utilize strong attention to detail, and your analytical/problem-solving skills daily. Experience in debugging/modifying test automation code and suggesting improvements to the team to improve the overall test coverage is required.
Together, we are inventing innovative, interactive software experiences and changing the way people engage with technology (while having fun along the way, of course). Want to join our team?
- 3+ years of automated testing and/or development experience
- Proficient in designing/extending test automation framework
- Hands-on knowledge of mobile, web-based test automation tools (note: not record and play tools)
- Ability to design test automation scripts from functional test cases, and analyze test results
- Hands-on knowledge of API testing, mobile applications, and OTT testing (functional and test automation)
- Experience documenting automation framework implementation/changes/design changes to ensure that team members have a clear understanding of setting it up
- Deep understanding and hands-on knowledge of Stash/Git/Jenkins automation frameworks integration and the ability to implement it
- Enterprise-grade services testing/QA experience
- Charles Proxy/Postman other HTTP Proxy services experience
- Familiarity with general web tech (Headers, Cookies, URL manipulation, etc.)
- Exposure to OTT devices (Roku/Chromecast)
- Software/application development experience is considered an asset
Working at REDspace.
One of the big plus sides of working at REDspace is we look out for you.
Your well-being. We offer:
- Fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage with access to an online doctor
- Pension plan contribution matching
- Healthy living allowance
Your career. We’re invested in your growth. We offer:
- Annual professional development allowance
- Bi-weekly and monthly Project and Tech shares
- Annual salary and performance reviews
Your happiness. You’ll enjoy coming to work every day. We offer:
- A flexible work environment with remote work options, in-office opportunities or a mixed approach
- Financial relocation assistance
- Social and team-building events
- Charitable donation matching
Want to work for one of Canada’s top employers? Send us your cover letter, resume, and portfolio!
This position is based out of our Bedford, Nova Scotia office and offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. We appreciate your interest in REDspace. Please note that only candidates who meet the requirements of the role will be contacted.
REDspace is a full-service digital studio specializing in mobile, web, gaming, and video solutions. We craft award-winning digital experiences that empower some of the world’s largest brands including MTV, Nickelodeon, Fox, IBM, CBC, Cartoon Network, and many more. Supporting our partners is what we’re good at, and we believe in what we do.
Our business is based on trusted long-term relationships. With a team of over 160, nothing is ever outsourced. We stay on top of industry trends while also looking ahead to new, exciting technologies that will help grow businesses.
Our culture is built around our people. We’re fortunate to have a team here in Nova Scotia, consisting of hard workers, problem solvers, industry leaders, and creative thinkers who are all passionate about what we do. We’re proud to work with our community and sponsor youth programs at every level to show Nova Scotians that you can do awesome work from right here at home!