REDspace is a custom software development company. We build cutting-edge streaming platforms and user experiences that are transforming the media & entertainment industry for clients such as WarnerMedia, ViacomCBS, Sony, and IBM. Leveraging our extensive, world-class experience, we help transform other industries by integrating existing systems with consumer media innovations and emerging technologies such as video, voice, mobile, machine learning, and gaming tech.
We are looking for Web Team Leads to help manage and grow our world-class team of developers.
As a Web Team Lead at REDspace, you are responsible for guiding and supporting a team of developers with varied skills and experience levels towards successful project deliveries. In this role, you will still be working hands-on with code and will support the creation of innovative software and applications for a variety of global clients.
About the Role
- Provide technical leadership to your reports through regular check-ins and provide continual coaching and mentorship.
- Lead a team of developers in the delivery of high-quality, innovative software solutions.
- Mentor team members and help create achievable goals for your reports to support their ongoing growth.
- Demonstrate leadership in your communication style and approach.
- Represent REDspace both internally and externally, taking an active role as required in recruitment, tech shares, meet-ups, conferences, and other company-sponsored events.
- Work with clients and on projects in a senior developer or project lead capacity.
- 5+ years of senior development experience
- Strong team leadership and communication skills and ability to mentor and coach
- Strong problem-solving skills used to deploy solutions quickly.
- Proficient at contributing code in existing codebases and creating applications from scratch.
- Strong understanding of the following:
- Architecture, development and accessibility standards
- HTML, CSS, Pre & Post Processing CSS (SCSS, PostCSS)
- Experience with NodeJS, Ruby, GoLang or .Net
- Agile Methodologies such as Scrum, Sprints & Kanban
- Git-based Source Code Management Tools and CLI
- Node Ecosystem Build Tools
- Integrating with and creating REST API’s
- Familiarity with SQL and NOSQL style databases.
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud vendor platforms
- Work well in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment that requires meeting deadlines and juggling multiple priorities
- Ability to work individually and with a team made up of developers, designers, project managers, and clients.
- Passion for learning new technologies and desire to stay up to date with industry trends and best practices.
- Ability to process and conceptualize information within tight timelines
REDspace is a full-service digital studio specializing in mobile, web, gaming, and video solutions. We craft award-winning digital experiences that empower some of the world’s largest brands including MTV, Nickelodeon, Fox, IBM, CBC, Cartoon Network, and many more. Supporting our partners is what we’re good at, and we believe in what we do.
Our business is based on trusted long-term relationships. With a team of over 160, nothing is ever outsourced. We stay on top of industry trends while also looking ahead to new, exciting technologies that will help grow businesses.
Our culture is built around our people. We’re fortunate to have a team here in Nova Scotia, consisting of hard workers, problem solvers, industry leaders, and creative thinkers who are all passionate about what we do. We’re proud to work with our community and sponsor youth programs at every level to show Nova Scotians that you can do awesome work from right here at home!