About the job
Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
This is a Permanent contract
ResMed is a San Diego, California-based medical equipment company. It primarily provides cloud-connectable medical devices for the treatment of sleep apnea (such as CPAP devices and masks), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and other respiratory conditions.
Let’s Talk About The Team And You
As the world-leading connected health company, leveraging big data to derive actionable insights in support of better clinical outcomes for patients and business outcomes for our partners is a critical component of our core strategy. The Advanced Analytics team is responsible for leading the way in executing on this promise. This position will partner with the data science and analyst teams to build the systems and capabilities to discover these insights and deliver them in impactful ways.
We are passionate and innovative problem solvers that support business units across the globe, providing on-going opportunities to engage with new and challenging projects. You are passionate about data and using it in meaningful ways. You have a deep understanding of a wide-variety of big data tools and technologies which you can implement to achieve desired business outcomes.
We are looking for a savvy Senior Data Engineer to join our growing team of platform experts. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams.
You are an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The goal is to support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives to ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
You are self-directed and comfortable supporting the needs of multiple teams, systems and products. You are excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Let’s Talk About The Main Responsibilities
- Your day to day focus will be dynamic and ever changing, but you and your team will be driving the business forward by:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Python and AWS ‘big data’ technologies like Glue, Lambda, EMR etc.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Work on data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Let’s Talk Qualifications And Experience
You will have 4+ years of total experience and 2+ years of experience in a full cycle Data Engineer role, who has attained a graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field or equivalent working experience.
Your most substantial experience will be using the following software/tools:
- Excellent Python coding knowledge
- Must have previous experience creating/running Python or Pyspark jobs working within AWS Glue.
- Experience building and working with AWS Data Lakes
- Experience working on AWS Data Pipeline and CI/CD processes
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Luigi, Airflow, AWS Step etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Kinesis, Spark-Streaming, etc
- Familiarity with a variety of datasets, structured, semi structured and unstructured etc.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architecture and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
All listed duties, requirements and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Let’s Talk About You
- Ability to fit into an ever-expanding international company
- Ability to adapt to changes
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to demonstrate proactivity and strength of proposal
- Organizational and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong team spirit
- Empathy towards clients and colleagues
- Perseverance, patience and versatility
- Assertive relational ease
- Good analytical skills
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
The global team at ResMed (NYSE:RMD) is united in the commitment to change millions of lives with every breath. With more than 5,000 employees and a presence in over 100 countries, the company has been pioneering new and innovative devices and treatments for sleep-disordered breathing, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and other chronic diseases for more than 25 years. ResMed's world-leading products and innovative solutions improve the quality of life for millions of patients worldwide, reduce the impact of chronic disease, and save healthcare costs.