About the job
Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
ResMed is a San Diego, California-based medical equipment company. It primarily provides cloud-connectable medical devices for the treatment of sleep apnea (such as CPAP devices and masks), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and other respiratory conditions.
Let’s Talk About The Team And You
As the world-leading connected health company, leveraging big data to derive actionable insights in support of better clinical outcomes for patients and business outcomes for our partners is a critical component of our core strategy. The Advanced Analytics team is responsible for leading the way in executing on this promise. This position will partner with the data science and analyst teams to build the systems and capabilities to discover these insights and deliver them in impactful ways.
We are passionate and innovative problem solvers that support business units across the globe, providing on-going opportunities to engage with new and challenging projects. You are passionate about data and using it in meaningful ways. You have a deep understanding of a wide-variety of big data tools and technologies which you can implement to achieve desired business outcomes. You are a team player who lifts the entire team through collaboration, mentoring and sharing your experience.
We are looking to expand our team, with a savvy Lead Data Engineer within ResMed’s Analytics team. Your role will be crucial for us : you will partner with cross functional teams and work backwards from business requirements to deliver scalable solutions that enable self-service and accelerate the access to insights. The Lead Data Engineer will support our architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. Reporting to the Manager of Data Engineering, you will play a key role of developing, constructing, testing and maintaining data on the AWS platform.
Let’s Talk About The Main Responsibilities
- Build and/or lead the creation and maintenance of optimal data pipeline architectures.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and enable successful data solutions by leveraging best practices.
- Partnering effectively with stakeholders and business users.
- Participate and provide Proof of Concepts (POCs) to demonstrate proposed solutions
- Enable team members in the data engineering space through training, culture, and team building.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Participate in Code Review and process improvement
Let’s Talk Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor/Master/Engineering degree in IT / Computer Science/ software engineering or relevant field
- 8/12+ years of total experience in a complex, technical environment
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional level is a plus
- Advanced working SQL and python knowledge and experience
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets, preferably on AWS data lake.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Actively handle escalated incidents to resolution and suggest solutions to limit future exposure
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience Leading, supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with minimum 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: Glue, Lambda, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Scala etc
All listed duties, requirements and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Let’s Talk About You
- Ability to fit into an ever-expanding international company
- Ability to adapt to changes
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to demonstrate proactivity and strength of proposal
- Organizational and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong team spirit
- Empathy towards clients and colleagues
- Perseverance, patience and versatility
- Assertive relational ease
- Good analytical skills
- Working from home flexibility
- Opportunity to join an international fast growing company
- At Resmed, all employees benefit from a bonus plan, the percentage of which depends on your position within the organisation
- You also have access to a referral bonus and to ResMed’s preferred shareholding programme
- Competitive benefits depending on location
- At Resmed, we offer career development
OK, so what’s next?
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
The global team at ResMed (NYSE:RMD) is united in the commitment to change millions of lives with every breath. With more than 5,000 employees and a presence in over 100 countries, the company has been pioneering new and innovative devices and treatments for sleep-disordered breathing, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and other chronic diseases for more than 25 years. ResMed's world-leading products and innovative solutions improve the quality of life for millions of patients worldwide, reduce the impact of chronic disease, and save healthcare costs.