About the job
ResMed has always applied the best of technology to improve people’s lives. Now our SaaS technology is fueling a new era in the healthcare industry, with dynamic systems that change the way people receive care in settings outside of the hospital–and tools that work every day to help people stay well, longer. We have one of the largest actionable datasets in the industry, creating a complete view of people as they move between care settings. This is how we empower providers–with vital insight to deliver the care people need, right when they need it.
We’re also ensuring that our health solutions connect to other companies’ networks. Because when objectives align, everyone wins. And as we work today to drive better care and lower costs, we’re developing more personalized solutions for tomorrow, utilizing machine learning, intelligent care paths, and predictive protocols. If you are an innovator who wants to make an impact we want to talk to you! We have exciting opportunities supporting Brightree by ResMed and MatrixCare by ResMed!
As an experienced Ruby / Ruby on Rails Software Engineer you will be working directly on one of our client-facing products, helping build and maintain the product. You will have the opportunity to design, build and maintain robust and scalable software using Ruby on Rails. Additionally, you will participate in architectural design discussions and planning sessions, solve technical problems of high scope and complexity while collaborating with your fellow team members to solve problems ranging from scalability and performance to architecture and feature development.
Let’s Talk About Responsibilities
- Location – Peachtree Corners, GA***
- Develop new software features
- Lead technical design discussions
- Lead and be an instrumental part in system conversion and upgrades
- DB design/changes
- Conduct code reviews with other developers
- Analyze, debug, and resolve support issues
- Lead an established offshore team
Let’s Talk About Skills And Experience
- 5+ years experience working for a software company with web-based applications using open source technologies.
- 5+ years experience with AWS — Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, SES, RDS, and Lambda
- 5+ years experience with MySQL/Maria DB
- OO knowledge and practical experience of design patterns, etc…
- Practical experience with source code configuration, versioning and promotion
- Excellent problem solving, issue identification and technical documentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities and meeting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Agile software methodology experience
- Experience working in a SaaS model
- Strong commitment to quality and ability to work closely and communicate effectively with developers, quality engineers, product owners and managers
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
The global team at ResMed (NYSE:RMD) is united in the commitment to change millions of lives with every breath. With more than 5,000 employees and a presence in over 100 countries, the company has been pioneering new and innovative devices and treatments for sleep-disordered breathing, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and other chronic diseases for more than 25 years. ResMed’s world-leading products and innovative solutions improve the quality of life for millions of patients worldwide, reduce the impact of chronic disease, and save healthcare costs.