About the job
Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
Let’s talk about you and the Team
ResMed is seeking a software engineer to work with a talented Digital Health Platform division. You will contribute to both internal and customer-facing technical specifications of our products, helping engineering and product leadership shape the forward-looking roadmap/ strategy. You will ensure industry best practices are followed in design and architecture decisions, bring emerging technologies into designs when appropriate.The ideal candidate will be a smart, motivated individual seeking an opportunity to work on large-scale / high-volume web applications, writing code that is optimized for quality, high performance, high availability, and scalability. They will work closely with our other engineering teams and contribute to the development and implementation of a variety of platform capabilities. The initial focus of the role is on container orchestration and operational excellence.
Let’s Talk About Responsibilities
- Design, develop, implement, and deploy AWS cloud solutions.
- Development of high-performance, scalable, and resilient web applications, back-end services, and database solutions.
- Provide incident management, change management, application support, monitoring, and Tier 2 support as part of the full cycle team responsibilities.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback, following coding standards and best practices, including secure coding guidelines.
- Assist with project estimation, planning, task break down based on user stories, progress and bug tracking.
- Write clear, well-commented, and easy to understand code.
- All engineers are expected to place a strong emphasis on writing automated tests, including unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end functional tests.
- May be part of an on-call support rotation.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Let’s Talk About Qualifications And Experience
- Strong object oriented design and programming skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You enjoy learning and are committed to staying up to date with new and emerging technologies.
- Understanding of challenges associated with high availability, 24×7 applications and services.
- Experience with Amazon ECS, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, or Amazon EC2.
- Experience working with and managing container development, deployment and operations on AWS, specifically with ECS on Fargate.
- Experience developing serverless applications, using Lambda, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, and S3.
- Experience with Git, Confluence, and JIRA.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. CodePipeline, TeamCity) and infrastructure as code tools (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation).
- Experience working with, or an understanding of, NoSQL databases and relational databases.
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD) is an asset.
- An understanding of 12-factor applications and cloud-native principles is an asset.
- Experience with various message brokering architectures (pub/sub queues, request/response) and data streaming is an asset.
- AI, Machine Learning, and Data Engineering experience is an asset.
- Experience in Java, Python, or C#, targeting multiple platforms (e.g. Windows, Linux) and application types (e.g. console, web site, REST API).
- Experience with testing frameworks (e.g. Junit, Nunit, Selenium), and testing tools (e.g. JMeter, Postman, Cucumber)
Let’s Talk About What You Can Expect
- A supportive environment that focuses on people development and best practices.
- Opportunity to design, influence, and be innovative.
- Work with global teams and share new ideas.
- Be supported both inside and outside of the work environment.
- The opportunity to build something meaningful and see a direct positive impact on people’s lives.
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
The global team at ResMed (NYSE:RMD) is united in the commitment to change millions of lives with every breath. With more than 5,000 employees and a presence in over 100 countries, the company has been pioneering new and innovative devices and treatments for sleep-disordered breathing, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and other chronic diseases for more than 25 years. ResMed's world-leading products and innovative solutions improve the quality of life for millions of patients worldwide, reduce the impact of chronic disease, and save healthcare costs.