The Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
Let’s Talk About The Team And You
As a Manager, Software Development you will be a part of a highly dynamic and innovative development team working on the latest technologies in the exciting fast-growing Digital Health space. We’re a team of thinkers and innovators who constantly challenge ourselves to do everything better than the day before so that people around the world can breathe easier.
The Connected Health Platform is a microservices architecture that enables patient-centric workflows focusing on patient use of sleep and respiratory medical devices, and their interactions with healthcare providers. The platform supports device management, access to device data, interoperability with external healthcare systems, and insights through derived data and machine learning algorithms. The platform is developed using AWS technologies such as AWS serverless, managed services, microservices on ECS Fargate, SQS messaging, NoSQL and relational database technologies.
The new manager will get familiar with the technology and the product, and be able to contribute to the ongoing development of the solution. They will be a leader on the team, supporting the growth and development of the engineers that report to them, getting to know them and building trust, and providing day-to-day operational leadership of the team.
Let’s Talk About Responsibilities
- Team leadership and mentorship for a team of software engineers including career and development planning, coaching, and performance management.
- Design, develop, implement, and deploy web applications, back-end services, and enterprise solutions using various development technologies and platforms.
- Provide incident management, change management, application support, monitoring, and Tier 2 support as part of the full cycle team responsibilities.
- Work closely with technical architects, functional analysts, and product managers to translate requirements into technical solutions.
- Responsible for guarding, promoting, and establishing best practices within the team.
- Perform code reviews and provide constructive feedback.
- Maintain technical skills and awareness of technical improvements.
- Assist with project estimation, planning, progress and bug tracking.
- Communicates clearly and time when their work hits roadblocks or risks that need to be managed.
- Maybe part of an on-call support rotation.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Let’s Talk Qualifications And Experience
- You take ownership of issues, work to find solutions, and collaborate well with team members and cross-functional groups.
- Interface with other project stakeholders to ensure that the system objectives are balanced with overall project objectives
- Provide product design leadership for the project team, including ongoing review of design and implementation
- Assist management in the development of design policies and procedures which improve the ability to meet product system requirements
- Understanding of challenges associated with high availability, 24×7 applications, and services.
- Experience with GIT, test-driven development (TDD), CI/CD tools, Confluence, and JIRA is an asset.
- Experience working in Python, .NET, Java or equivalent, and experience targeting multiple platforms (Windows, Linux) and application types (console, web site, REST API).
- Experience with Amazon ECS and Amazon EC2.
- Experience developing serverless applications, leveraging managed services such as Lambda, Dynamo DB and S3.
- Experience working with and managing container development, deployment and operations on AWS, specifically with ECS on Fargate.
- Experience with various message-brokering architectures (pub/sub-queues, request/response) and data streaming.
- Experience working with relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science or Computer Programming or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years’ experience in design and development of multi-tiered business applications; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Let’s Talk About What You Can Expect
- A supportive environment that focuses on people development and best practices
- Opportunity to design, influence and be innovative
- Work with global teams and share new ideas
- Be supported both inside and outside of the work environment
- The opportunity to build something meaningful and seeing a direct impact on people’s lives.
The global team at ResMed (NYSE:RMD) is united in the commitment to change millions of lives with every breath. With more than 5,000 employees and a presence in over 100 countries, the company has been pioneering new and innovative devices and treatments for sleep-disordered breathing, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and other chronic diseases for more than 25 years. ResMed's world-leading products and innovative solutions improve the quality of life for millions of patients worldwide, reduce the impact of chronic disease, and save healthcare costs.