The Business Intelligence Insights Team Lead will report to the Business Intelligence Manager and is responsible for overall reporting, monitoring, analysis, and insights across the 100+ websites we manage within the affiliate marketing industry. The main objective of the Business Intelligence team is to deliver insights and analyses regarding our affiliate performance, and thus, the BI Insights Team Lead plays a crucial role in overseeing overall reporting that helps drive the business in reaching its overarching business objectives and key results. The BI Insights Team Lead will drive a team dedicated in producing insights to a variety of stakeholders and work closely with product, conversion, SEO, and marketing teams to identify key performance indicators, report on data, and provide insights on key metrics.
Is this role right for me?
To be perfect for this position, you will need to:
- Deliver actionable insights by continuously monitoring and analyzing performance from user acquisition to user purchase by identifying successes and failures in our user monetization sales funnel and providing recommendations for positive change;
- Develop, maintain, and enhance various reporting, analysis, and monitoring structures to ensure full optimization of user monetization in order to hit business objectives;
- Drive data storytelling of the customer journey using multiple data sources (web analytics & digital marketing);
- Manage and direct a team of specialists dedicated to delivering actionable insights to a variety of stakeholders;
- Work with various stakeholders to deliver reporting and analysis needs for multiple departments;
- Conduct troubleshooting and problem solving with regard to data discrepancies and data trendlines.
What qualifications do I need?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in web analytics or digital marketing and analyzing performance from user acquisition to user purchase to identify successes and failures in our user monetization sales funnel;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with a variety of data sources in order to tell a story and provide information and knowledge on overall user behaviour;
- Advanced knowledge of various data points for funnel analysis to connect the dots between user acquisition to user monetization. This includes but not limited to: SEO (keyword rankings, domain rankings, backlinks, etc.); Conversion (on-site conversion rates, goal conversion rates, conversion rates throughout a sales funnel); Campaign (PPC, social referrals, UTM parameters, etc.); On-page (sessions, pageviews, goals, bounce rate, etc.); and Sales data (product purchases, product offerings, revenue, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of web analytics tools (such as Google Analytics), data reporting tools (such as Tableau or Google Data Studio), and Microsoft Excel;
- Experience in translating and communicating data into knowledge and wisdom for a wide range of stakeholders to align with business objectives;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, in addition to the ability to identify, address, and communicate problems effectively;
- Excellent functional, analytical, interpersonal, communication, and project management skills;
- Proven analytical skills in defining business needs into reporting requirements;
- Demonstrable excellent written and verbal communication skills with business stakeholders as well as internal and external users;
- Extremely strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Proven ability to conduct and/or support multiple projects with minimal oversight;
- Ability to work independently and collaborately to prioritize work with a focus on deadlines and deliverables;
- Proven record as a strong team player in a fast-paced, deadline driven, diverse environment;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Previous work experience driving, coaching, and enabling a team to provide reporting to various stakeholders would be considered an asset;
- Previous work experience in a marketing agency or within affiliate marketing would be considered an asset.
Proudly Nova Scotian, fiercely world-class, resulta is a global marketing service provider that specializes in affiliate marketing and publishing.
The heart of resulta is powered by more than 100 professionals whose passion and expertise have made us a worldwide industry leader. Driven by technology, our pillars of excellence include digital product development, marketing strategy, performance optimization, business intelligence, and creative solutions.
For more than 25 years, our dynamic approach to creating and deploying brands, web products and digital strategies has earned us an unprecedented reputation for exceeding our clients’ expectations, time and time again.