The Data Visualization Specialist reports to the Business Intelligence Manager and is responsible for the creation, enhancement, and maintenance of a series of Tableau dashboards using their pre-established data visualization expertise. The main objective of the Business Intelligence team is to deliver insights and analyses regarding our affiliate performance, and thus, the Data Visualization Specialist plays a crucial role in ensuring accurate, easily interpretable and visually pleasing automated reporting dashboards on a wide variety of data sources for multiple teams. As the leading expert on Tableau/data visualization, the Data Visualization Specialist will work closely with multiple teams to gather data, identify reporting requirements, establish reporting structures, and advance reporting standards across the 100+ websites we manage on behalf of our clients within the affiliate marketing industry.
Is this role right for me?
To be perfect for this position, you will need to:
- Take lead and develop creative dashboards for executives and working-level clients to ensure data visualization best practices are followed and dashboards are informative, interpretive, and visually appealing;
- Design & develop complex solutions using Tableau Dashboards (Web and Mobile) with SQL Server/Big Data technologies as backend technologies to business stakeholders for scheduled and ad-hoc reporting needs;
- Work closely with business stakeholders to ensure the dashboard environment suits business needs and drives new initiatives;
- Implement numerous capabilities such as data blending, table calculations, advanced calculated fields, advanced statistical analysis, etc. to create complex reports requiring multiple parameters, summarizing data with crosstabs, using sections and section underlay for groups, and related report functions;
- Provide scalable solutions for handling large data volumes, complex reporting & interactive dashboards;
- Provide technical walk-throughs to various stakeholders (including Executive Management) and connecting them back to business objectives;
- Establish and enforce data quality standards to meet BI and business needs;
- Work closely with the BI team driving consistency in the transformation of existing reporting solutions bringing industry best practices into the organization.
What qualifications do I need?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in data visualization for data storytelling, analysis, and reporting;
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in Business Analysis and automation, Business Intelligence tools (Tableau) and/or any other BI Tools for data visualization;
- Must have experience in building and publishing customized interactive reports, complex dashboards, data sources/semantic layer, and report scheduling using Tableau Server & Tableau Desktop for ongoing and ad-hoc reporting needs;
- Minimum of 2 years SQL in-depth experience through querying, extraction, ETL, etc.;
- Creative and self-motivated individual who will continuously improve data visualization across the organization – always reiterating and enhancing;
- Must have strong analytical, listening, verbal, and written skills to define business needs into product and reporting requirements;
- Must have experience in helping non-technical stakeholders understand data, how to interpret data, and how to work with it;
- Must be able to work in a dynamic start-up type environment, and to be able to manage multiple priorities, hit deadlines and deliverables, and provide a high level of customer service to all stakeholders;
- Must understand report and query performance tuning – we need everything to run fast and smooth;
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Proven record as a strong team player in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and diverse environment.
THE RESULTA CULTURE
At resulta you will have the opportunity to work with brilliant, energetic co-workers. The environment is culture-driven, with a casual work atmosphere where technology is revered. resulta offers a competitive salary, great benefits plan, fitness allowance, and your preferred phone – Android or IOS.
Proudly Nova Scotian, fiercely world-class, resulta is a global marketing service provider that specializes in affiliate marketing and publishing.
The heart of resulta is powered by more than 100 professionals whose passion and expertise have made us a worldwide industry leader. Driven by technology, our pillars of excellence include digital product development, marketing strategy, performance optimization, business intelligence, and creative solutions.
For more than 25 years, our dynamic approach to creating and deploying brands, web products and digital strategies has earned us an unprecedented reputation for exceeding our clients’ expectations, time and time again.