As a Development Team Lead, you will leverage your technical abilities, leadership skills, and project oversight experience to get the job done while growing and supporting your team. You will work shoulder-to-shoulder with your team members to contribute wherever you’re most needed – whether that’s hands-on coding, improving team processes, fostering continued learning, or elsewhere.
You’re passionate about building high-performing teams that produce high-quality, standards-compliant software. You take pleasure and satisfaction from the successes of other team members and are excited about building and maintaining a positive team culture. You enjoy autonomy, and you will have the option to work remotely and/or from our Bedford office.
Is this role right for me?
To be perfect for this position, you will need to:
- Write efficient, readable, well-tested code to accomplish tasks and solve technical problems;
- Breakdown and prioritize tasks within projects and provide required direction to team members and reports to successfully meet deadlines;
- Provide consistent and ongoing leadership and support to reports and mentor reports to achieve career and long-term objectives;
- Communicate effectively within your team, with your manager, with other teams and with key company stakeholders;
- Review and provide feedback on the code of your teammates and reports;
- Work with individuals and project teams to accurately estimate technical level of effort based on provided requirements;
- Participate in the hiring process and interviews, and provide clear and concise feedback on candidates;
- Prioritize tasks within projects and provide required direction to team members and reports to achieve project-level, department-level and company-level goals;
- Participate and provide valuable contributions in department-wide planning and initiatives;
- Initiate, guide and build development workflow processes and documentation;
- Effectively manage the concerns of your reports and facilitate resolutions in a timely manner;
- Attend regular sprint activities such as standups, grooming and retrospectives;
- Work closely with our product, SEO and business teams to incubate ideas and then execute to make those ideas a reality;
- Code back-end APIs, tools and applications using Python;
- Work with our Quality Assurance team to help automate API and application testing and repetitive development tasks;
- Collaborate with other development team members and other departments to drive innovation and help define internal standards;
- Participate in self-directed learning, tech groups and workshops to learn new technologies and expand knowledge.
What qualifications do I need?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- College Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years Professional Software or Web Application Development experience;
- Experience managing people or teams;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Attentive and responsive to the team and environment;
- Committed and dedicated to the work;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and delegate work;
- Self-motivated, independent thinker and worker;
- Adaptable and persistent to achieve goals despite roadblocks and change;
- Collaborative leader keen to work in a team environment;
- Focused on improving the team to meet larger business objectives.
- Experience coding in Python (intermediate or better);
- Experience developing REST APIs in Django and/or Flask;
- Experience ingesting data from JSON and XML feeds;
- Experience following Agile development practices (Scrum/Kanban);
- Proficiency with Unix-based systems and using CLIs;
- Experience with relational database language and structure, such as MySQL;
- Proficiency with code versioning tools, such as git.
What else would be nice to have?
Strong consideration will be given to candidates that also offer the following:
- Experience building GraphQL APIs (Graphene);
- Experience with Machine Learning (Pandas, Scipy, Scikit-learn, etc.);
- Experience developing ETL processes with Apache Airflow;
- Experience with containerization, i.e. Docker, Kubernetes;
- Experience with common server administration tasks;
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (MongoDB).
- Experience with AWS.
Proudly Nova Scotian, fiercely world-class, resulta is a global marketing service provider that specializes in affiliate marketing and publishing.
The heart of resulta is powered by more than 100 professionals whose passion and expertise have made us a worldwide industry leader. Driven by technology, our pillars of excellence include digital product development, marketing strategy, performance optimization, business intelligence, and creative solutions.
For more than 25 years, our dynamic approach to creating and deploying brands, web products and digital strategies has earned us an unprecedented reputation for exceeding our clients’ expectations, time and time again.