About the job
The Human Resources Generalist will enhance the company’s focus on people practices and support the HR strategy by working alongside a dynamic team of HR professionals. Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, the HR Generalist is responsible in the areas of HR admin, onboarding, offboarding, payroll and benefits administration, employee relations, DEI, HR planning, employee training and supporting recruitment activities when needed. The HR Generalist will play an essential role in enhancing the employee experience by advancing a diverse, accessible, equitable and inclusive workplace, and supporting innovative HR initiatives and practices.
Is this role right for me?
As the HR Generalist, your primary responsibility is to support our people and the HR department by working with a proactive mindset and ensure that the HR function is effective and responsive, but not reactive.
The HR Generalist will primary be responsible for:
- Collaborating with the HR team to drive HR initiatives and support implementation;
- Administering the full employee life-cycle from preboarding to offboarding, ensuring milestone dates are recognized and all personnel records and paperwork is up to date;
- Maintaining immaculate historical human resource records;
- Preparing new hires for their employment by establishing and conducting pre-boarding, onboarding and orientation;
- Being the first point of contact for all staff as it relates to the HR system, payroll, benefits and RRSP;
- Responding to employee and manager requests, and finding fair, equitable and practical resolutions;
- Anticipating the business needs and recommendations on HR strategies and initiatives that align with the overall business strategy;
- Contributing to the planning and implementation of policy and procedure changes by providing specialized advice;
- Developing positive working relationships with staff, managers, senior leadership and executive leadership to drive and influence a positive working culture;
- Enforcing management guidelines, policies and procedures through direct and company-wide communication;
- Being a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion steward by contributing to and supporting DEI initiatives and applying a DEI lens to all HR and business recommendations;
- Supporting recruitment activities during high-demand periods and fill in gaps within the recruitment cycle when needed;
- Active and contributing member of the OH&S committee, ensuring the organization is adhering to safety guidelines;
The Ideal candidate will be a Human Resources expert who:
- Thrives in a collaborative environment, and enjoys working as part of a team;
- Has a passion for people and business, and wants to improve people practices to enhance business activities;
- Is an advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Excellent communicator and has the ability to effectively and clearly communicate with staff at all levels;
- Keen to learn and enjoys doing research;
- Enjoys working with technology and knows how to leverage tech to improve people and business practices;
- Comfortable with people analytics, and reporting;
- Has excellent attention to detail and appreciates when everything is organized;
- Comfortable sharing company-wide communication on behalf of HR;
- Is a self-starter that demonstrates initiative and follows through to completion;
- Always seeking the best and most effective HR practices, new and innovative programs and initiatives that directly impact the employee experience and enhance business objectives;
- Works well under pressure and can successfully manage a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines;
- Adaptable and excels in rapidly changing and fluid environment.
What qualifications do I need?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration or a relevant Degree/Diploma;
- 3+ years of HR generalist experience;
- Experience administering personnel files, coordinating projects, establishing policies, procedures, programs and documentation;
- Tech savvy requiring little to no support with technology and comfortable engaging with HR and other technology;
- Understanding and knowledge of the Nova Scotia Labour Standards Code and NS Employment Laws and able to research labour practices in other provinces;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact easily and with discretion at all levels of the organization;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Proven ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations;
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Must be a positive influence to others, have some professional grit and easily adapt to a fluid environment;
- Requires mindful thinking – not thinking outside the box, but rather thinking there is no box.
At Resulta you will have the opportunity to work with brilliant, energetic co-workers. The environment is culture-driven, with a casual work atmosphere where technology is revered.
Resulta offers a competitive salary, great benefits plan, fitness allowance, and your preferred phone – Android or IOS.
If we sound like a great fit, we’d love to hear from you! #Teamresulta is devoted to creating a safe work environment that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and expressions to apply!
Proudly Nova Scotian, fiercely world-class, resulta is a global marketing service provider that specializes in affiliate marketing and publishing.
The heart of resulta is powered by more than 100 professionals whose passion and expertise have made us a worldwide industry leader. Driven by technology, our pillars of excellence include digital product development, marketing strategy, performance optimization, business intelligence, and creative solutions.
For more than 25 years, our dynamic approach to creating and deploying brands, web products and digital strategies has earned us an unprecedented reputation for exceeding our clients’ expectations, time and time again.