As a Software Developer, you will use your development skills to build eye-catching, usable and high-performing websites. Together with your team you will turn designs into WordPress templates and help maintain existing high-traffic web properties. You’re passionate about building user-friendly and performant websites, adhering to high-quality coding standards and being part of a culture that promotes learning and sharing while respecting work-life balance. You enjoy autonomy, and you will have the option to work remotely and/or from our Bedford office.
Is this role right for me?
To be perfect for this position, you will need to:
- Work closely with team members to build new websites and website features, primarily in WordPress;
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge sharing such as pair programming;
- Attend regular sprint activities such as standups, grooming and retrospectives;
- Work closely with our product, graphic design, SEO and business teams to incubate ideas and then execute to make those ideas a reality;
- Code website front-end user interfaces in a combination of HTML, CSS and JS;
- Code website content management back-ends and user-facing application logic;
- Work with our Quality Assurance team to help automate website and application testing and repetitive development tasks;
- Collaborate with other development team members and other departments to drive innovation and help define internal standards;
- Participate in self-directed learning, tech groups and workshops to learn new technologies and expand knowledge.
What qualifications do I need?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- 2+ years Professional Software or Website Development experience;
- Experience building websites in WordPress using custom themes and functionality;
- Experience coding in PHP (object-oriented programming, dependency management, templating engines);
- Experience in front-end web technologies like HTML, CSS, JS;
- Experience with Unix-based systems and using CLIs;
- Experience with code versioning tools, such as git.
Strong consideration will be given to candidates that also offer the following:
- Experience with other CMS frameworks, such as Drupal;
- Experience with Symfony, Laravel or other PHP-based web frameworks;
- Experience with containerization, e.g. Docker;
- Experience with modern web application structure, e.g. MVC;
- Experience with headless CMS development and deployment;
- Experience with pre-processors such as SASS or task runners such as Gulp or Webpack;
- Interest in task and testing automation;
- Experience with website optimization and accessibility;
- Experience with AWS.
Proudly Nova Scotian, fiercely world-class, resulta is a global marketing service provider that specializes in affiliate marketing and publishing.
The heart of resulta is powered by more than 100 professionals whose passion and expertise have made us a worldwide industry leader. Driven by technology, our pillars of excellence include digital product development, marketing strategy, performance optimization, business intelligence, and creative solutions.
For more than 25 years, our dynamic approach to creating and deploying brands, web products and digital strategies has earned us an unprecedented reputation for exceeding our clients’ expectations, time and time again.