The Social Media Specialist reports to the Content & Social Manager and is responsible for serving as the social media expert for our industry-leading flagship web properties. In this role, your ability to create engaging social content across a variety of industries including professional sports, gaming and eSports, will help us meet and exceed annual business goals and objectives.
In collaboration with the Content team, you will develop a strategy and create original social media content, including live posting (tweeting) during major events. You will also be responsible for ensuring all outgoing messaging to our social media channels, partners, media, and other stakeholders is credible, informative, compelling and authoritative.
Is this role right for me?
To be perfect for this position, you will need to:
- Be comfortable running both brand engagement and e-commerce social campaigns;
- Develop and report on social KPIs for multiple campaigns for varying brands, specifically using data and insights to report on the success of social influencer campaigns and partnerships;
- Use tools like Adobe Creative Cloud to create visually-appealing posts;
- Use social media tools like Hootsuite to schedule posts on multiple social channels;
- Serve as the subject matter expert on sports handicapping content, by leading social media content creation, and working with the Marketing, Editorial and Video teams to identify opportunities for promotion of relevant, interesting information;
- Work with Content and Marketing teams to develop, execute and measure social media content that is designed to sustain viewers’ curiosity and create buzz. Content will include but is not limited to live tweeting/broadcasting, video, images, stats/trends and infographics;
- Work in collaboration with the Content and Marketing teams to monitor social media channels and social media plug-ins to implement and encourage a two-way communication model with our social audiences;
- Research and implement best practices for writing and developing content specifically for social media channels;
- Research key audience preferences to discover and implement new trends and tactics;
- Identify opportunities to edit content provided by the Editorial team for social media consumption by ensuring it is presented in an interesting, entertaining and engaging manner that is true to the brand it represents;
- Work with the Content, Marketing and the Video and Editorial teams to evaluate and measure social media strategies, and ensure the best possible delivery of in-house content;
- Identify and suggest new ways to attract prospective customers, such as improved promotions and contests;
- Work with in-house Editorial and Product teams to execute coverage of breaking news stories and other content that matters to our audience;
- Work closely with Editorial and Marketing team in achieving all business objectives.
What qualifications do I need?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or Journalism. Will consider lower level of education based on passion for the industry combined with knowledge and equivalent experience;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a media/digital communications environment successfully using social media to drive business goals;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with specific experience interacting with bloggers, media personalities and other social media influencers in a creative and compelling way, processing the ability to communicate message in brand tone and voice;
- Able to understand data, trends and reports to make actionable decisions;
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines;
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Proven ability to handle a high-volume workload that will require flexible hours outside of regular business hours;
- Good critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
- Fluent in current cultural vernacular and possess the ability to craft content relatable to specific demographics as outlined;
- Expert knowledge of social media channels i.e. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
Proudly Nova Scotian, fiercely world-class, resulta is a global marketing service provider that specializes in affiliate marketing and publishing.
The heart of resulta is powered by more than 100 professionals whose passion and expertise have made us a worldwide industry leader. Driven by technology, our pillars of excellence include digital product development, marketing strategy, performance optimization, business intelligence, and creative solutions.
For more than 25 years, our dynamic approach to creating and deploying brands, web products and digital strategies has earned us an unprecedented reputation for exceeding our clients’ expectations, time and time again.