Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI), led by a private sector board of directors, is a business development agency for the province. NSBI’s mission is to help businesses across the province grow exports through access to business advisory services, skill development, and training to build trade capacity, market intelligence, financing, and support in accessing global markets. This includes developing new exporters and attracting innovative, globally competitive companies to establish a business location in Nova Scotia.
Job Opportunity: Salesforce Administrator
Reporting to the Manager, IT & Digital Solutions, the Salesforce Administrator is part of a service delivery team maintaining NSBI’s entire information systems and IT infrastructure through a combination of onpremises and cloud-based solutions. This includes information management, security, IT infrastructure, telephony solutions, web and database platforms, CRM, device and asset management, and the IT service desk.
The Salesforce Administrator is the steward of data quality and business processes and is responsible for performing hands-on tasks to manage, develop and maintain all aspects of NSBI’s CRM platform and related integrations for the online delivery of our programs and services. The Salesforce Administrator is deeply knowledgeable about NSBI programs and services as well as measurement frameworks and skilled at process automations to support business objectives. Working with business units and the service delivery team, this role is responsible to plan and implement Salesforce-related solutions that integrate with the Drupal website, Microsoft Office, and related technologies.
As a member of the ITDS team, the Salesforce Administrator responds to service tickets, as required, in accordance with service level commitments to provide support to Salesforce users and act as Tier2 support for client issues. This position may be called upon to assist or backup other team members to provide support for on-premises and cloud-based solutions, infrastructure, and devices managed under ITDS.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Create and maintains secure, easy-to-use layouts, objects, and record types for internal administration and online client submissions.
- Develop dashboards, intelligent automations, formulas, calculations, and workflows.
- Integrate third-party apps and online forms to achieve business objectives and manage data and system configuration.
- Perform process and data analysis of large data sets for maintenance, integrity, and object mapping.
- Develop measurement dashboards and end-user documentation to support business improvements.
- As a subject matter expert, consult on Salesforce architecture planning and develop, test, and deploy new and/or improved features to meet business needs.
- Monitor and communicate to stakeholders the performance of services to achieve adoption goals.
- Manage and monitor all Salesforce services and infrastructure including user accounts, access, credentials management, permissions, and licensing.
- Perform security and data integrity analysis and tests related to Salesforce and third-party integrations.
- Provide maintenance and diagnosis of outages and incidents, and propose and/or develop solutions to enhance performance and security.
- Follow ITIL framework for IT service management maintaining configuration workbooks and change enablement documentation.
- Maintain a highly secure CRM environment by preparing for updates, performing backups, and enforcing governance protocols.
- Analyze potential security or usability issues to define root cause, scope, and severity and plan mitigation with the Manager and service delivery team members
- Provide/receive guidance and training through collaboration with internal staff, vendors, and subject matter experts for effective issue resolution with Salesforce and other IT systems.
- Participate in maintaining and monitoring the health and stability of all systems, networks, and hardware to ensure continuous delivery of services and lead regular maintenance activities for Salesforce.
- Participate in the upgrading and continual improvement of existing technologies and recommend solutions to improve systems security, integrity, and capacity.
- Provide leadership through stakeholder engagement to proactively and logically identify and champion the adoption of Salesforce-related solutions and integrations as appropriate to meet business requirements.
- Understand upcoming technology changes and innovation, and plans integration, testing and deployment.
- Assist with the creation of IT policies, governance and best practices for Salesforce services and support.
- Participate in maintenance and disaster recovery efforts as required outside of business hours.
- Act as a back-up for other ITDS staff in the delivery of IT services.
To be considered as a potential candidate, you have a post-secondary diploma in an Information Technology discipline and at least five years of experience as a Salesforce.com administrator (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and knowledge of Community and Trailblazer) including experience assessing and mitigating security risks based on permissions and vulnerabilities. You possess Saleforce.com admin training such as ADM201 and ADM211 certified or Salesforce Lightening equivalent, as well as training in Windows Server, Microsoft Office 365/Azure network, wireless infrastructure, OS, iOs and Windows environments. An ITIL Foundation certification is an asset. With technical support and customer service experience, you are well-versed in Microsoft, MAC OS, and iOS mobile platforms.
You have acquired a strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, both desktop and mobile, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, process builder, formula fields, workflows, custom views, reports, lists, dashboards, and other features of intermediate complexity. You also exhibit a superior understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality for user management, data management, health checks, and actionable reporting. You hold expert-level experience setting up and managing sandboxes and the production environment for development, quality assurance, and user acceptance testing. With knowledge of other platforms and applications that integrate with Salesforce, you have the ability to acquire skills rapidly to meet business needs.
You are able to understand and articulate complex requirements, workflow process, and outcomes utilizing your highly developed verbal and written communication skills. Highly resourceful to research and troubleshoot issues as they arise, you can plan appropriate change and problem management processes. Excellent interpersonal skills and responsiveness with a focus on customer satisfaction and high-quality service delivery are required for this role. You possess excellent time and project management skills to prioritize/organize multiple projects and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. A valid Nova Scotia driver’s licence is required.
NSBI’s professional team is as innovative and energetic as the clients we serve. If you have what it takes to join our team, we would like to hear from you. To learn more about us, please visit our web site at www.nsbi.ca.
Classification: This is a bargaining unit position with a NSBI 5 rate of pay range of $61,095.84 – $74,268.22 based on the March 31, 2021 collective agreement rates. Preference will be given to qualified NSBI-NSGEU bargaining unit candidates.
Closing Date: Monday, October 11, 2021
Competition # 22-NSBI-007
Resumes and cover letters will be used to screen applicants for this role. Please ensure that you clearly articulate in your cover letter how your skills and attributes will serve to apply to the requirements of this position.
Please send your resume and cover letter merged as a PDF document via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The competition number must be included in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Pre-employment screening will be conducted for final candidates, and results will be considered in the hiring process.
NSBI is committed to embracing diversity and fostering a workplace that is reflective of the multicultural and global community in which we operate. We welcome applications from Aboriginal people, African Nova Scotians, and other racially visible persons, persons with disabilities and persons who identify in the LGBTQ+ community. If you are a member of one of the groups who reflect the diversity of Canadian society, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.
Revolve is a full-service branding and marketing firm serving clients across Canada and in the USA. Our passion is helping our clients ignite the spirit, touch the heart and inspire the mind with authentic brand storytelling and marketing that deliver results. Brand is at the very core of everything we do and we have built the firm to execute the strategies we craft – our team of communication specialists have expertise in brand strategy, creative development, advertising, public relations, graphic design, writing, photography, videography, social marketing, digital marketing, website design, content development, and online and offline media planning and buying.