Seaside Wireless Communications Inc. provides high-speed Internet service to rural Nova Scotians with a network that spans 33K square kilometers using fixed wireless technologies such as Cambium Network (Canopy) and Ubiquiti Network equipment. In addition, a number of green technologies are utilized throughout our network coverage area. Seaside Wireless Communications Inc. boasts one of the largest fixed wireless networks in North America. Our combined networks spans from Cape Breton Island to Halifax County and as far west as Cumberland County.
Seaside Communications is a local provider of popular CATV programming, including High Definition and On-Demand Video services. Other offerings include DOCSIS 3.0 High-Speed Cable Internet and Telephone over a modern Hybrid-Fiber Coaxial (HFC) network. Also advanced fiber technologies such as Dense-Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) are part of our infrastructure. Seaside Communications is the sister company of Seaside Wireless Communications.
Seaside Wireless Communications Inc. is currently recruiting for a Technical Service Representative in our Sydney office to oversee the cable and wireless networks.
- Must have a minimum Grade XII or equivalent.
- CompTIA certifications and asset.
- Post secondary education in an IT field considered an asset.
- Previous experience in technical service preferred.
- Previous experience in customer service preferred.
- Demonstrated previous troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and telephone skills required.
- Above average computer skills with a variety of programs and hardware.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Have ability to work well with others.
- Be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Experience with computer repair.
- Willing to take responsibility for their work and respond to company needs; i.e. work extra time as required to meet deadlines.
- Answer customer inquiries and provide technical support for service quality issues and other IT related issues.
- Troubleshoot computer issues to resolution i.e. hardware, software, e-mail, web server, and phone.
- Be customer driven.
- Inform customers concerning scheduled outages and other service interruptions.
- Document all customer interaction in support database.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Adhere at all times to all applicable health and safety policies.
- Perform other duties as requested by the department or supervisor.
Seaside Wireless offers a competitive salary as well as a generous benefits package
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Seaside thanks all those candidates who have expressed interest, however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Seaside Communications Inc.
Seaside Communications Inc. provides television, phone, and internet services to a number of communities in Cape Breton including Glace Bay, New Waterford, St. Peters and Baddeck. Its sister company, Seaside Wireless Communications Inc. provides high-speed internet service to rural areas through a network that spans much of northeastern Nova Scotia (from Amherst to Meat Cove).