We are currently seeking a Senior Database Engineer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will be seasoned in their career and enjoy working in an open and collaborative environment, with lots of room for creativity and advancement. In this role you will assist our team in developing an enterprise software-as-a service (Saas) solution, that is deployed globally to some of the world’s largest companies.
The successful candidate will have the ability to take full ownership of Introhive’s core data model, associated data standards and data management roadmap. You will be responsible for designing greenfield data models and data flows leveraging both relational and non-relational database systems.
- Ownership of Introhive’s core data model, associated data standards, and data management roadmap
- Design greenfield data models and data flows leveraging both relational and non-relational database systems.
- Troubleshoot and optimize SQL queries and schema changes, and advocate best practices for the same within the Engineering team.
- Proactively analyze and tune relational databases and queries in production to improve performance.
- Provide database expertise to engineering teams through code reviews, pairing and training to help deliver optimal schemas and queries
- Contribute to day-to-day operations of cloud databases, including monitoring database stability and performance.
- Contribute to tooling to prevent database performance and reliability issues early in the development cycle
- Evaluate data management technologies and recommend data strategies.
- Expert-level knowledge in SQL and relational databases systems. Exposure to Postgres is a significant asset.
- Demonstrable experience designing, building, and operating solutions using NoSQL databases.
- Experience using cloud-based or cloud-native data storage systems, e.g. Amazon RDS, DynamoDB, Snowflake, Dremio, S3, Redis, etc.
- Desire to work across the application stack to squash challenging data-related bugs and performance issues.
- Very comfortable operating and deploying to always-on HA database systems for high-traffic web applications.
- Knowledge of ETL workflows, data warehouse design, and reporting workloads.
- Object-oriented programming skills.
- Experience contributing to the design of modern web application backends. ? Strong technical design and analysis skills.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical problems.
- Excellent time management skills. Self-motivated and capable of independently completing complex projects.
- Experience / exposure to agile development methodology would be considered assets.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas/topics clearly and effectively ? Familiarity with Data Warehouse concepts and techniques.
- Data modeling experience is a plus.
Work With Us
We are an AI-powered SaaS platform designed to help organizations realize the full value of their relationships and data. We increase employee productivity and improve customer experience management.
We focus on career development and progression. People are at the core of everything we do. We are Great Place to Work®-certified in Canada and were recently named among Canada’s Best Workplaces™ for Start-Ups and for Women. We’re also a proud sponsor of Women in Sales Everywhere (WISE). Beyond this, we were awarded the 2019 and 2020 Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™ Awards.
What’s In It for You:
- An incredible group of peers and leadership to work and learn from and with
- Personal and professional growth
- Educational opportunities
- 401K/RRSP matching
- Health and Dental Coverage
- Mental health support and coverage
- Furry friends welcomed!
Introhive is the fastest-growing AI-powered Sales and Revenue Intelligence platform, with the single largest ERM deployment in the world with customer PwC. The company has been recognized by awards programs including the 2019 and 2020 Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™, the 2020 MarTech Breakthrough Awards, and is Great Place to Work® certified in Canada. Introhive’s AI-powered SaaS platform enables organisations to realize the full value of their relationships across the business and to leverage untapped data to drive revenues and increase productivity while simultaneously improving the customer experience. Introhive is trusted by some of the world's most recognizable brands: Deloitte, KPMG, Clark Nexsen, Colliers, and Plante Moran. Learn more at www.introhive.ai