Hi, we’re Maplewave!
We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients all over the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right – for our employees, clients, and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
Our development team is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Full Stack Developer to join our growing team and work on large-scale enterprise projects. The Senior Full Stack Developer will achieve unit tested code, meeting coding and architecture standards, and conforming to functional design documentation when present. The testing will include a mix of automated unit tests, providing coverage of new features and edge cases, and manual testing of happy path and key edge cases as identified in the functional specifications and milestone documents. This role will be a remote position because of current public health restrictions, and in the future, there is a chance to work from our office or be 100% remote based in Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with Product Managers, Analysts, PMO, and other team leads to understand requirements and features, as well as collaboratively resolve scope, schedule, and design issues.
• Manage a team of developers in a remote setting.
• Participate in design and implementation phase of releases.
• Participate in estimation sessions to identify time estimates, milestones, tasks, and write or co-write milestone documents.
• Resolve issues throughout the development phase and troubleshoot deployment issues.
• Fix code errors and maintain code bases in GIT.
• Participate in UAT and pre-UAT testing and discussions.
• Maintain documents for design and implementation standards, configuration, and deployments.
• Support Business Analysts in writing statements of work, functional designs, and fix bug reports (JIRA).
• Mentor and assist junior team members with design and architecture issues.
• 6+ years of software development experience in web application development.
• 1+ years of experience with Docker and containerization.
• Expert knowledge of one or more programming languages, including Ruby/Rails, C++, Java, HTML/CSS, C#, and .Net.
• Familiarity with both Linux OS and Windows.
• Functional and unit testing experience.
• Proficient SQL skills.
• Knowledge of web design and UI design best practices.
• Familiarity with version control systems (Git).
• Experience working with and/or managing a remote team of developers spread across the world.
• Group benefits plan.
• Health spending account.
• Paid time off.
• 35-hr work week.
• On-going training & development platform.
• Half-day Fridays in August.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, check out: About Us
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com and quote Reference #SFSD400.
Can you remember the last great retail experience you had? At Maplewave, we believe a fast, exciting, immersive, in-store retail experience will create long-term relationships between a Telco provider and their customers. Through the development of innovative products, exceptional service, and a customer-focused culture, we are revolutionizing Telco retail. Our team of extraordinarily talented people have built cutting-edge products and services that transform and humanize the retail experience – and we’re growing fast! We’re sure you’ll love working here.
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.