It turns out… unicorns are real! In fact, FreshBooks just became one after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion. And ever since launching in 2003, we’ve been on a steady incline towards one goal: Building easy-to-use accounting software for small business owners. It’s the goal that’s driven us to expand into five offices, serving customers in over 160 countries. And it’s the goal we’d love for you to be a part of as a member of our global team as we continue our journey.
Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries, with offices in the U.S., Netherlands and Croatia.
Reporting into the Senior Manager, HR Business Partnerships, you will be responsible for delivering on FreshBooks’ Four Es – Executing Extraordinary Experiences Everyday for both our employees and the business, by developing and executing HR strategies that support the achievement of business objectives.
Designated client groups for this role include IT, Engineering, and Data, and will include workforce planning, organizational design, change management, succession and talent planning, HR program deployment, and advising/coaching our Leaders on developing and engaging a world-class team.
Specifically, this position includes the following:
- Own end-to-end execution of functional HR work in designated client group by demonstrating both a strategic orientation and a hands-on approach coupled with the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of employee engagement levels
- Champion a high-performance environment and implement a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates FreshBookers by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vision/values/business strategy and manage HR planning for your client group
- Serve as a consultant to leaders on people-related issues to solve complex organizational challenges by proactively utilizing a wide range of HR data to identify themes/trends and recommend effective HR strategies to meet the business needs and deliver value-added service to managers and employees
- Drive an exceptional employee experience by fostering a culture of inclusion whereby all employees feel involved, valued and respected, with a focus on employee engagement, and diversity and inclusion programs
- Own the HR strategy for the client groups and provide strategic insights and solutions to leaders on talent priorities and needs.
- Deliver input and feedback on program / policy design to the Director, Talent Management & Development and HR teams, and support program execution & implementation
- Work on critical projects that impact employee experience, growth, and retention
- Deliver solutions that drive company and individual performance to achieve FreshBooks OKRs in a way that is reflective of our culture, values and mission
We think you’ll be an amazing fit for this position if you have:
- 8+ years overall experience in Human Resources
- 3+ years of extensive HR Business Partner expertise dealing directly with Senior Leadership
- Experience supporting departments such as Product Development, IT, Engineering, and Data in both private and publicly traded companies
- Strong consulting skills with a demonstrated ability to influence decision making and build consensus
- Relationship building skills to engage every level of an organization in a confidential and diplomatic fashion
- Strong functional HR expertise in: organizational design, performance management, employee engagement, coaching and development, conflict resolution, data analytics
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action
- Experience with varied HR information systems and reporting tools
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present confidently to large audiences
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of business practices and the link between HR strategy and business strategy
- Comfortable with ambiguity, ability to work within constraints as well as to challenge the status quo
- Goal-oriented, proactive self-starter with ability to work independently and approach challenges with a high degree of adaptability
- High degree of personal and professional integrity with ability to work with confidential information
- Experience with US or international employment law is an asset
- Experience with a global workforce is an asset
- CHRP, CHRL or other HR designation, is an asset
What we can promise you
We follow user-centered design in everything we do, and you’ll be spending your first three weeks onboarding, just learning about our customers.
- An incredible growth opportunity; this is an opportunity to help us scale the impact of insight across our organization.
- A great work experience. Competitive benefits and employee perks, plenty of fun and work, s and team members who take pride in their work without ego, all in one of the most unique work cultures out there
Why Join Us
We’re a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here at FreshBooks!
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FreshBooks is the second largest, cloud-based accounting software company for small businesses. Our philosophy is to Execute Extraordinary Experiences every day. This permeates into everything we do, from our award-winning customer support to how we design our product and the values we live every day as FreshBookers.