What You’ll Do
- Mentor and develop more junior developers so we can build the best team!
- Design, develop and execute innovative software solutions to address business needs
- Ensure software architecture meets all performance, quality, and security requirements
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality solutions
- Create modifications for existing software to upgrade performance
- Aid in planning, analysis, and design of technical solutions in collaboration with our parent company
- Maintain thorough documentation of systems and applications
What You’ll Bring
- A certificate, diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience as a Developer
- Development skills in C# ASP.NET MVC framework
- Knowledge of Entity Framework, LINQ & Fluent .Net
- Knowledge of JSON, XML and event-driven architecture
- Strong database skills in Microsoft SQL Server, relational databases, and SQL optimization
- Proficiency in version control systems such as Git and Nuget
- Familiarity with third party and open source tools such as Hibernate and Spring
- You are highly driven by new challenges
- You are motivated and can motivate others
- You have exceptional problem-solving skills and an ability to learn and adapt quickly
- An instinct to continuously learn and share your skills with the team
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Test-driven development
- Having a passion for sports!
- Previous involvement in Agile Scrum Methodologies
- Experience in mobile app development and responsive design
- Expertise in performance testing and trouble shooting
- Experience with online performance or affiliate marketing models
What We Can Do For You!
- A competitive base salary package
- Individual and company performance based annual discretionary bonus
- Paid time off: 3 weeks’ vacation, public holidays, birthday, office is closed between Christmas and New Years
- Health and dental benefits with no waiting period
- 5% company matched pension contributions
- Self-driven annual training budget so you can continue to grow professionally
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Company parties in the summer, winter, and a few fun events in between
- Engaging, fun, and casual company culture
- Dog friendly office and free parking
We’re becoming the world’s leading sports betting authority by making smarter sports bettors.
We’re a digital platform that brings together expert insight, rich user experience and a passionate community to help sports bettors bet smarter. In the overwhelming world of sports betting, we’ve created a single place where people who love the risk and rush of competition come together to share their passion and harness our 26 years of expertise, to build their game, win more consistently, and have fun doing it.
We currently see 20 million sports fans visit our site annually, and our goals for the coming year are aggressive. We’ve doubled the size of our company in 12 months, and plan to do so again in the next 24.
One thing is for sure: we’re set for a big next season.
Covers.com is serviced by NS Sports Media Pros Ltd., a related company who specializes in professional services and is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.