Title: SEO Specialist (Toronto/ east coast Canada remote)
FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We’re a high-performing team of over 500 employees working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries, with offices in the U.S., Netherlands, and Croatia.
FreshBooks is looking for an SEO Specialist that will help drive customer and ROI growth for the company. You will collaborate with a cross-functional group of marketers, developers, and data scientists to improve and drive performance at FreshBooks. Reporting directly to the SEO Manager, this is a hands-on role.
What You’ll Do
- Suggest and implement SEO best practices for FreshBooks
- Stay up to date on SEO industry changes and communicate technical improvements to non-technical stakeholders
- Collaborate across various teams to ensure new pages and projects are optimized for search from the moment of launch
- Regularly perform keyword research and competitor analysis in order to generate topic ideas that will deliver the SEO commercial and strategic goals
- Read and interpret site code to discover technical SEO issues, such as page speed improvements, site architecture changes, and crawling/indexing issues.
- Perform weekly analysis with Google Search Console and other tools to track and monitor changes
- Support our content team for content ideation, development, design, and delivery. Advice on best practices needed for the technical implementation of new content through detailed content briefs.
- Brainstorm test ideas and experiments to improve overall search presence, content, and user experience
- Develop appropriate metrics for SEO related projects, measure against goals, and build the necessary reports to communicate performance
- Coordinate and oversee SEO-based content creation and vendor management.
- Generate creative link building ideas to develop as content and pitch to journalists/bloggers
What You Will Bring
- 2-4 years experience in an SEO role, preferably in-house.
- Experience using SEO tools like Ahrefs, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, ContentKing, Google Analytics, Surfer/Frase (crawlers, analytics platforms, CMS, marketing software, etc.)
- Technical background with the ability to demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with conducting a full SEO site audit and pulling impactful recommendations from it, presented in a digestible format with effort and impact estimate for each item
- Solid understanding of how search engines crawl, index, and rank websites
- Ability to analyze data to provide impactful recommendations and decisions related to on-page, off-page, and technical SEO factors
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to form productive working relationships
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects while still working effectively
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work independently
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Excel) and/or the Google Doc tool suite (Sheets)
Nice to haves
- B2B Demand Generation and/or SaaS experience
- Experience using Business Intelligence/BigData Analytics tool like Looker
- Experience using modern block editor such as WordPress Gutenberg
We think you’ll be an amazing fit for this position if you have
- A passion for keeping current with the latest developments in your field
- An understanding of Customer Lifetime Value, CPA, and ROI in customer acquisition
- A natural curiosity
Why Join Us?
We’re an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You’ll be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help shape how we build an elite software start-up right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today. A member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
Please plan to upload the following information during the application process:
- Your resume
- A short introduction/cover letter
- What would the Schema Person Markup for Catherine O’Hara (from Schitt’s Creek) look like using JSON-LD? Please create a unique schema markup using JSON-LD for the person mentioned above.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com .
FreshBooks is the second largest, cloud-based accounting software company for small businesses. Our philosophy is to Execute Extraordinary Experiences every day. This permeates into everything we do, from our award-winning customer support to how we design our product and the values we live every day as FreshBookers.