This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Responsible for the overall architecture, design, and integrity of the ServiceNow Platform within the enterprise. ServiceNow Platform Architect will be responsible for ensuring that the solution delivered to business units are engineered in accordance with best practices and AXIS standards. The candidate must partner effectively with all IT Organizations, including strategic partners to ensure robust platform support and efficient delivery.
- Governance of the relationships between ServiceNow and related applications, legacy systems, component libraries, content repositories and supporting databases.
- Providing creative solutions to resolve business problems, technology issues, process and people challenge.
- Working with the teams to support, validate and help deliver presentations, workshops, proof or concept designs and responses to technical and business enquiries.
- Hands-on technical delivery of the ServiceNow technical solutions.
- Assisting with Incident resolution when needed. Research systems and/or programs to determine causes of failure or poor operational performance
- Stay current on product developments/ releases to a level required for demonstrations and thought leadership.
- Mentoring and coaching others, as well as sharing best practices and knowledge.
- Maintain various integrations with ServiceNow and enhance them
- Establishes new and administer existing automated interface/integrations with auto-discovery tools to collect, reconcile and maintain Hardware Asset, Software, Licensing and CI information in ServiceNow
- Acting as a technical Point of Contact for all areas of the platform
- Providing Guidance on best practices
- Maintaining/Increasing Platform Health
- Maintaining/Increasing Platform Security
- Consulting/Advising on Solutions
- Minimize customizations/advise on out of box capabilities
- Advising where a requirement is not feasible or advisable
- Assisting with road map development and prototyping
- Executing Platform related projects
- Mentoring of other team members
- Ability to see (big picture) impacts of configurations or customizations beyond the current scope of work
- Ability to learn emerging or currently not in use features the tool very quickly
- Ensure ServiceNow utilization is following licensing contracts
- Assist with dashboards and leadership reporting
Required Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor s Degree (required)
- At least 10 years of experience with the design, development, administration, and support of service management platforms, significant years spent on ServiceNow
- Proven track record of technical leadership roles delivering complex requirements using creative and innovative methods
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer, ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- Extensive experience with SOAP and REST integrations and associated security protocols
- Experience configuring, deploying and supporting ITSM and ITBM applications
- Experience configuring, deploying and supporting custom applications
- Experience configuring, deploying and supporting Discovery and tool integrations
- Understand Infrastructure (hardware, OIDs, PowerShell, SSH Commands)
- Strong understanding of ITIL best-practices and processes, 1 or more ITIL Intermediate certification preferred
- Experience in data analysis and dashboards
- Ability to drive initiatives with minimal supervision
- Experience with Agile Development Methodology
- Orchestration experience
- Ability to produce documentation at various levels including technical and customer facing.
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle) beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
About AXIS Capital
AXIS Capital are experts in specialty insurance and global reinsurance. They’re inspired by the opportunity to give people and organizations the confidence to take necessary risks in the pursuit of their goals and ambitions. In a world that's ever-changing, companies are more likely to succeed when they act collaboratively and with purpose.
AXIS Capital is motivated to redefine industry standards by applying an innovative and agile approach to today's challenges. By virtue of being a specialty insurer and global reinsurer with deep expertise and a commitment to service, they have the capability to provide a broad range of solutions.