Bring your design experience to the fastest growing Tech Start-up in Halifax!
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the company during a dynamic time of growth. We are looking for a result-oriented designer to manage our platform’s UX and UI design elements to continually evolve our users’ experiences and help us strive for platform excellence.
In this role, you will take the overall product vision and translate it into reality. As we position the company to be a leader in the revolution of the live performance industry in a post-pandemic world, you will help by contributing to an exceptional user experience within our platform. You will report to our Product Manager and work closely with our Lead Developer and be responsible for our user interfaces for web-based, mobile, and desktop applications. You will work with multiple teams to keep the platform up to date and our brand prominent.
We’re seeking a solutions-oriented ideator; somebody who enjoys mapping user-journeys as much as they enjoy crafting and polishing something aesthetically delightful. Bonus if you’re an avid music/concerts fan. Our company seeks to democratize live entertainment worldwide by removing gatekeepers and allowing anybody access to be a stakeholder in live performance. If this premise excites you, we’d love to talk.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Workflow, interface, design, and usability of our platform
- Daily collaboration with Engineering and Product
- Contribute to the gathering and evaluation of user requirements and work with the product team to translate into design and graphic elements
- Marry function and fashion. Continuing to make our platform easy to use and aesthetically beautiful
- Maintenance/design of off-platform marketing pages (currently on Squarespace)
- Work as a part of the product team to take new features from ideation to prototyping, to user testing, to production.
- Design web and mobile experiences that are simple and intuitive. (mobile experience highly desired)
- Participate in regular design reviews where you’ll seek out specific feedback on your designs and incorporate relevant feedback
- Contribute to the execution of the product roadmap and help define product strategy.
- Support brand integrity and consistency across assets and mediums
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3+ years of professional design experience
- Fluency in Adobe XD, Figma, or other prototyping tools.
- Detail-oriented and able to work collaboratively across multiple teams
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Experience collaborating with engineers, user researchers, and product teams
- Portfolio of design projects
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Responsive, agile, can manage deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Experience designing consumer-facing experiences for web and mobile
- Excellence in UX thinking, visual design, and written communication
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills; ability to help your team and stakeholders understand the “why” behind your design rationale
- Low ego, collaborative, and open-minded.
What we Offer:
- Awesome team and culture
- Health and Dental plan
- Home office equipment support
- Employee stock option plan
About Side Door
Side Door believes in empowering artists and audiences to create shows on their own terms, in their own spaces. In a world increasingly filled with devices and screens, Side Door uses tech to create intimate, tactile connections between artists and audiences at the community level. We introduce artists to hosts who have homes or other alternative venues to present shows. We facilitate the process of meeting, matching, producing, promoting and ticketing shows within our online platform.